Which headphones do you use for PC gaming?
Jun 9, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #362 of 491
Focal Utopia + Antlion Modmic USB
Swapped to the HD800 after they were collecting dust for like half a year and was quickly reminded why they are the kings of gaming, lol :jecklinsmile:

Jun 11, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #363 of 491
Swapped to the HD800 after they were collecting dust for like half a year and was quickly reminded why they are the kings of gaming, lol :jecklinsmile:
So You prefer the HD800 to the Utopias in gaming? Have you tried Empyreans in gaming yet? (This is my predicament, HD800, Utopia, or Empyrean. Heh)

Jun 12, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #364 of 491
So You prefer the HD800 to the Utopias in gaming? Have you tried Empyreans in gaming yet? (This is my predicament, HD800, Utopia, or Empyrean. Heh)
Yeah, for gaming specifically I feel like HD800 blows away everything. The wider soundstage and the way the 800's just surround your ears in sound makes it a lot easier to pinpoint where sounds are coming from.

It was very much apparent in a game like Call of Duty Warzone which has TERRIBLE audio to begin with. The Utopia allowed me to hear footsteps fairly easily, sure, but then it would be more of a guessing game of where the footsteps were coming from exactly. The sound mix sounds a lot more closer together/mashed together making it hard to precisely tell where things are in the game world. With the HD800, you hear footsteps even for the briefest second, you can really tell where the sound is coming from and exactly what corner that pesky camper inside the house is sitting.

Having a tad less bass also really helps in a competitive aspect because the sound of grenades going off and helicopters flying overhead doesn't take way your ability to hear more important details like footsteps as much.

Jul 15, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #366 of 491
I purchased a set of Corsair HS70 Wireless 7.1 for my son, and he likes them. I think they're a bit heavy (330g).
Can't say how they work with glasses, but my son has a large head (XXL hat size) and that's not a problem. Compatible with PC and PS4.

Jul 15, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #367 of 491
I've been through a few now and back to square 1.

Pc360se, really liked these with zxr, mic was fantastic but imaging wasn't the greatest for fps.

Changed to hd600, didn't keep them long but scored big on comfort.

Akg712 were next, really liked them but got the itch to chase something better. Had these for a long time and really liked them.

Moved to beyer t1 gen 2, really need a good amp to drive then well and couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

Dropped down to akg 702 but find them a little too anemic for my liking, should've stayed with 712.

Also tried mobious (too much of a gimmick) , arctis pro (terrible mic), hyper x (didn't find them comfy), along with a couple of others...

Now on the hunt for something to replace 702, not sure if I want to spend 1k on hd800s just for gaming though!

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #373 of 491
I've been through loads of headsets but think I'm finally settled now, ended up getting tygr 300 and for the money they are outstanding. Highly recommend them!

Aug 23, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #375 of 491
Corsair Gaming VOID Pro RGB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back