Which headphones do you use for PC gaming?
May 2, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #349 of 491
It depends on my mood and which games I play but these are I mostly use: Beyerdynamic T5p.2, Amiron Wireless/Home and Meze 99C. Wearing comfort and sound quality are superb!

May 4, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #352 of 491
My current setup is Philips SHP9500 with a Modmic Wireless mic. I know everyone loves the BoomPro with the SHP9500, but I still use a Mixamp 5.8 wireless and there's too much echo with wired mics I've tried. Could be my environment at fault, as there's a lot of wireless devices in my home. Can't say for sure. So far I've had no complaints with the modmic wireless.

I just received a pair of Fidelio X2HR, so I will try those out. Hard to say which is more comfortable as they are different kinds of comfort. The SHP9500 are so light I barely feel them, but they are loose and prone to sliding with the slightest head movements. The X2HR have the right amount of clamping force and the headstrap is defintely more comfy that the SHP, but the SHP just seem to kind of disappear. I'll have to spend more time with X2HR.

May 4, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #353 of 491
For me its 660s for light weight smoothness clearness without beeing fatigued and over 🌞 and the imaging also amazing i drive then with ifi nano
I had to also try the new Philips X3 to see how they work.
Also i like HD599 .

Last edited:
May 4, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #354 of 491
are you playing FPS games with the 660s by any chance? if so how are they? was looking to get either the HD 700 or HD660s. anyone have a comparison for the two for mainly FPS gaming?

I have used a lot of under 200 euros headphones and listen some of 500 euros price range . To me imaging on 660s are just amazing also the sound signature its not over bright like Beyers Grados etch etch .
Think it like the smoothness of HD650 without the veil the Fast driver amd resolution from HD700 without the highs and fake Soundstage that mufles center and open up surround sounds.
Its all about taste for me it goes like this in gaming....
Low weight , Soft velur breathable pads, open back for the openess in sound , near flat sound signature on a dark side but without loosing detail , imaging so i can understand the position and the type of sound, normal soundstage so the volume per sounded object doesnt have big difference . To me 660s have all these. But again its all about taste .

May 19, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #358 of 491
Audeze Mobius.
It's fabulous sound- and techwise, but I'm starting to seriously doubt it's durability ( this is my 2nd pair, 1st RMA'd )
Finish flaking of within a year, ear cushions are deforming, headband cushion is fixed, included USB-C cable failed within days on both pair, and now my right earcup started creaking.
Creaking is normal with Audeze's planar diaphragm tech, but this is excessive.

I wonder if I can RMA this replacement as well...

Yet, for games it's just phenomenal.

May 21, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #359 of 491
Focal Utopia + Antlion Modmic USB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back