Which headphones do you use for PC gaming?
Feb 6, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #121 of 492
are the kingston clouds that good? I was thinking of buying a pair of sennheisers or audio tecnica for gaming (around the price of 100$ or a bit more for a pair like the m50) but everyone is telling me that I should go with the kingstons because they're the best you can get for that price... I already have an expensive pair for music and movies so this next purchase is mainly for gaming...

Feb 6, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #122 of 492
Tek syndicate and Linus and hardware Canucks also posted videos about how great the hyperx cloud are and how they are basically the only gaming headphones they would recommend.

Well a car reviewer could reccommend a pourche, but have a video saying an a WRX still is the best option. Less then half the price, and if you were to dump the 30k difference on the STI in mods, you will now have something that costs the same, but slaughters.

Gaming headsets really are just mid to low end headphones with a mic attached for much more money. I'm not saying they are bad, but a decent set of audio phile headphones and a separate $19 mic, offers MUCH better performance. Then you can upgrade your cans, and keep the mic, or visa versa, or use the cans on the go without an awkward mic (unless its removible but generally gaming sets with that cost more then non-removible)

I have nothing againsted gaming headsets,but watch Ten Syndicates videos on this exact subject first

Feb 6, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #123 of 492
Well a car reviewer could reccommend a pourche, but have a video saying an a WRX still is the best option. Less then half the price, and if you were to dump the 30k difference on the STI in mods, you will now have something that costs the same, but slaughters.

Gaming headsets really are just mid to low end headphones with a mic attached for much more money. I'm not saying they are bad, but a decent set of audio phile headphones and a separate $19 mic, offers MUCH better performance. Then you can upgrade your cans, and keep the mic, or visa versa, or use the cans on the go without an awkward mic (unless its removible but generally gaming sets with that cost more then non-removible)

I have nothing againsted gaming headsets,but watch Ten Syndicates videos on this exact subject first

Just so happens I own a 2015 sti launch edition lol, odd coincidence. Also i will say that works on 99% of gaming headphones but the hyperx cloud is not one of those headsets that aren't worth it. They are $70 and to me they sound of much higher quality then any $70 headphone you can buy.

Feb 6, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #124 of 492
Just so happens I own a 2015 sti launch edition lol, odd coincidence. Also i will say that works on 99% of gaming headphones but the hyperx cloud is not one of those headsets that aren't worth it. They are $70 and to me they sound of much higher quality then any $70 headphone you can buy.

Heh oh really? My favorite car, perfect, especially for here in Canada xD

And ah, didn't realize they were so cheap. Most gaming cans are $200 for "ok" ones, Then yes hyperX if cost is a big factor.

Feb 8, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #125 of 492
nowadays, I game with a pair of sennheiser hd 800 plugged into an hegel hd12 dac.

Feb 9, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #126 of 492
Current setup on PC is Sennheiser HD 595 to Schiit Magni/Modi Amp/DAC. Works really nice for games, BF4 is probably the best sounding game every made I swear. Recently ordered the Senn HD 600 from Amazon so I'll probably update how I like them for gaming :)

Feb 9, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #127 of 492
excuse me but this Hifi models used in gaming dont you should hear bad sound with some games ? Because some games got sound tracks in MP3 format and usually hifi products feels bad the lose compressed format audio ( want only flac, wav or high bit rate format ).

Mar 23, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #131 of 492
I just picked up the Sennheiser G4ME Zero's and they are pretty good. Coming from DT 990's 250 Ohm/Mod Mic. 

Only thing I can't figure out is how to enable mic monitoring on a hardware level using my Asus Essence STX. Any ideas or at least where I should post my question to? Thanks!

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #133 of 492
I just use my LCD-X for most games.

I switch to M50x+Modmic when I play Dota 2.

Apr 2, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #134 of 492
I started with a plantronics gamecom 780, then went to a Senn PC360 after becoming a little more educated on the subject. Then while looking for another pair of headphones that would suit my music tastes better I went with the DT990 and just decided to get a modmic to add to them. The DT990s work great and are really comfortable for long sessions and are my main gaming pair atm. To further complicate things I now have a Fidelio X1 and have contemplated getting a boompro to attach to them.. If I were to do it all over again I would probably just have bought the X1's with a boompro and be done with it. The PC360's are really nice for competitive games though, and comfortable to boot.. I just didn't like them as much for music.

Apr 3, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #135 of 492
It depends on what type game I am playing. An atmospheric game, such as The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, and really any game where any kind of "omph" is not prominent, I use my HD800s.

On the other hand, when I play action games, I tend to use my IE800s. The intimacy of In-ears along with the bassy signature of the IEMs makes for a great "explosive" experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back