which headphones are these?
Nov 4, 2011 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mastapro

100+ Head-Fier
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo97R0ib1CE&feature=player_embedded

around :20

and what are other ones that look like that?  im looking for ones that don't bulge from the sides, this one looks normal when worn.

Nov 4, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #2 of 9

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo97R0ib1CE&feature=player_embedded

around :20

and what are other ones that look like that?  im looking for ones that don't bulge from the sides, this one looks normal when worn.

They look like my Sony MDR-XD100

Nov 4, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #3 of 9
ya kinda does look like that.  i dont like the top of those headphones though.  are there any others that look like this without that weird gapped top?  i had m50's before btw and don't like the because the sides stuck out way too much

Nov 4, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
ya kinda does look like that.  i dont like the top of those headphones though.  are there any others that look like this without that weird gapped top?  i had m50's before btw and don't like the because the sides stuck out way too much

I watched the video in full screen, and they are definitely something in that line of Sony headphones. 

Nov 4, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
The KRK KNS-8400s are quite compact (yet still comfortable) and have just a single headband.

searching for that headphone lead me to find the Koss Pro Dj100's, those are exactly the look i'm going for but from the reviews, doesn't look like it has good bass.  i'm looking for a headphone that looks similar to the dj100's with AMAZING bass. 

Nov 4, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #7 of 9
The problem is that slimmer phones tend to have weaker bass, and bulgier phones tend to have better bass.  Now, I'm sure there'll be a slew of counter-examples to follow, but in general, I think that if you're looking for "AMAZING bass" you're going to tend toward Sony xb500 or xb700s, or maybe one of the Denon's.. those might bulge too much.

Have you tried the Beats by Dr. Dre phones?  Those have bass.  And they're designed to look cool.  They are way overpriced for their sound quality, but they might fit your needs...

Good luck!

edit: I meant the Sony XB500 or XB700. :)

Nov 4, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
tdockweiler found the DJ100s to have superb bass, especially with ATH-M50 pads.  You might ask him.  I haven't personally heard them.

how do u mod d1000's with ath-m50 pads? that looks like it'd be hard haha. ya i love the looks of the koss dj100s but i can't seem to find a pic with someone that has it on.. also i was lookign at hte sony v700s.  i just need bass and a portable headphone... the xb500's look DECENT but its a bit big. and @cizx ya i was thinking of the beats too.  not sure i wanna spend over 100 though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back