Which Headphones are best for Toilet time?
Aug 9, 2002 at 8:09 AM Post #46 of 67
wait i have the perfect idea! the ones that came with your PCDP!!! make sure that you **accidentally** drop them in when you are done! dont forget to flush!

Aug 9, 2002 at 8:41 AM Post #47 of 67
Do you really need a set of cans if you're already on the can? Then again, you could be like Prince Albert - in a can. I wouldn't want to trade places with him.

Aug 9, 2002 at 11:46 AM Post #48 of 67
This is one of the most amsuing things I've read all day!

biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2002 at 2:05 PM Post #49 of 67
Quote:

Originally posted by kajohndet

Also, Etys could even survive the washing machine. Let's try Flushing the Toilet
biggrin.gif

The Ety's may survive. YOU go get them.
tongue.gif

Aug 9, 2002 at 5:43 PM Post #50 of 67
you guys are sick i tell you, SICK!

lucky for me, my bathroom is right off of my bedroom so i can see the tv right from the toilet! also, i have the grado 15' extension cord and since my headphone setup is right there, there is no need for an additional system.
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2002 at 5:17 AM Post #51 of 67
Best thread ever.

My Kenwood RD-VH7 is going to become my system, still deciding on the phones. It's got player and amp built into one, and the headamp is actually a speaker amp that cuts off when you plug in a pair of phones, and it's not too shabby, especially with HDCD-encoded CD's. Probably HD600's.

I should add -- several people here mention the "rush" factor. Yeah, when you're in a rush, I say, skip the music. I would prefer to think of this as for the leisurely weekend session.

Aug 23, 2002 at 6:19 AM Post #52 of 67
Dusty Chalk,

Be sure to upgrade your plumbing to American Standard. The Kenwood/American Standard synergy is stuff legends are made of.

Aug 23, 2002 at 8:15 AM Post #53 of 67
Quote:

Originally posted by bifcake
Dusty Chalk,

Be sure to upgrade your plumbing to American Standard. The Kenwood/American Standard synergy is stuff legends are made of.

biggrin.gif

Would that be NOS American Standard, or current production?

Aug 23, 2002 at 8:33 AM Post #54 of 67
If you can stand the risk of a HOT toliet (old or NOS bought off the black market)... These newer 1.6g toliets overflow and get clogged much easier, partially defeating the purpose of the newer regulatons. I wish we had kept the older one in our house.

Aug 23, 2002 at 3:08 PM Post #55 of 67
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
biggrin.gif

NOS? You mean nitrous right?
biggrin.gif
YEAH! Talk about synergy--just what you need to get that extra boost to get everything out--you'd be speeding away in no time!

Here's to wishing you good luck building a toilet bowl rocket with a great head-fi system! Er I mean ricebowl rocket
biggrin.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 23, 2002 at 4:51 PM Post #56 of 67
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
biggrin.gif

Laugh if you must, but current production "water saving" American Standard is nowhere near as good as the older ones for getting a really good flush. NOS American Standard is much better than current production. I'd put a smiley on this, but it is actually true.

Aug 23, 2002 at 5:28 PM Post #57 of 67
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch

Laugh if you must, but current production "water saving" American Standard is nowhere near as good as the older ones for getting a really good flush. NOS American Standard is much better than current production. I'd put a smiley on this, but it is actually true.

I cant argue this Point, Hirsch knows his crappers. The new "water saving" toilets just dont have the power flush required sometimes. This lack of power when flushing often results in having to "break it in 3 pieces before you flush" behavior. What could be more annoying than an overflowing toilet bowl???? I know I dont want this predicament, NOS is a must in this situation, your all relaxed listening to your bathroom setup, everythings flowing good, your obviously gonna need a big power flush to handle it this time. So dont be caught mopping the floor do to your lack of preperation, go Ahead, get a big water wasting flushing machine. I reccamend the Prison toilet Series, you know the ones that are pressurized, and are "impossible to clog." That sounds like a winner to me.

Aug 23, 2002 at 5:30 PM Post #58 of 67
Quote:

Originally posted by zowie
Does anybody remember that Sony contraption called The Bone Phone?

LOL ! Yeah, I wake up with one every morning...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 23, 2002 at 6:19 PM Post #59 of 67
I have to agree about the nos toilets. We've got one, and 2 newer ones. The nos one get's it done in one flush. SOMETIMES, VERY rarely, I need to go to 2, but that's because my mom is anal about cleaning the bowl. The newer ones, otoh, sometimes, 3 times! How's that for saving water?

Our friends, otoh, have those really expensive pressure toilets. They are low flow(I think), but they are like airplane toilets. WOOOOOOOSH. God, even etys wouldn't survive that.

Aug 24, 2002 at 2:09 AM Post #60 of 67
Quote:

Our friends, otoh, have those really expensive pressure toilets. They are low flow(I think), but they are like airplane toilets. WOOOOOOOSH. God, even etys wouldn't survive that.

Be sure to get off those before pressing the button or they may suck your tongue right out (the wrong way).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back