Which Headphones are best for Toilet time?
Aug 8, 2002 at 1:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 67

Norton4lf

New Head-Fier
I was wondering, which Headphones would be best for when im on the toilet. Since this is really the only time I have to myself, its really important to me that i get the proper headphones. I was thinking I would need something that would be fairly resistant to the odor, because, I mean lets face it, the paint peels off the walls when im done in there.... I wouldnt want anything that could possibly hold that in. Theres some other potential issues to deal with in this climate too, such as loud noises and water resistance(in case of splashes). Your help and input would all be greatly appreciated. thanks Norton4lf
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 8, 2002 at 1:36 AM Post #3 of 67
I'd recommend the Philips 820. They can also serve as a toilet paper holder. Just sit them down with an earcup on each end of the roll.
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2002 at 1:38 AM Post #4 of 67
you know, a lot of times noobs to the boards ask a lot of generic questions that have been answered countless times before.

I'm quite pleased such an original and entertaining question has been asked.
biggrin.gif

My vote goes for speakers, since it might get a little messy if a headphone cord accidentally falls into a place its not supposed to
rolleyes.gif

Aug 8, 2002 at 1:47 AM Post #6 of 67
Quote:

Originally posted by jlo mein
My vote goes for speakers, since it might get a little messy if a headphone cord accidentally falls into a place its not supposed to
rolleyes.gif
. [/B]

I appreciate your input, however, ive tried this approach to solving the problem and have found it not to be suitable. I found it very difficult to get the imaging right in this atmosphere, and the bathroom just doesnt have the acoustics for great sound from my B&W speakers. I even tried applying sound dampening to the tile and installing bass traps next to the Jon, there still remains a low frequency ressonance at times, almost like an echo (perhaps from the toilet bowl, not sure)..... So I will still have to focus on the headphones at this time, thank you again for your concern.

Aug 8, 2002 at 1:50 AM Post #7 of 67
I don't think it is healthy to actually spend so much time on the crapper that you wish you had music to listen to.
biggrin.gif
eek.gif

Maybe you should eat more fiber?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 8, 2002 at 1:59 AM Post #9 of 67
Quote:

Bose+Toilet=Perfect match

Add monster cable and Sony V700DJ to that list.
tongue.gif

Though you will need to flush a couple of times, and maybe get a plunger, but it would be worth it.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 8, 2002 at 2:09 AM Post #10 of 67
I never thought I'd wholeheartedly recommend the HD280 for anything, but Norton, you've found the perfect excuse for me to recommend them.

OUTSTANDING isolation. Even an 'output' equal to a V8 roar will sound muted to your ears. You might just have passed your entire internal organs, but you'll be none the wiser.

STUDIO QUALITY SOUND. The above combined with the excellent sound of the HD280 means that although you may sing like a tone-deaf yak with bronchitis, you won't notice anything as you sing along with a crystal-clear Reba McIntyre, etc streaming into your ears.

SUPER-CHEAPO looking ABS plastic throughout. Wipe clean!

REPLACEABLE & REBUILDABLE. Pads, headband, cable, etc all replaceable.

FOLDS. Neatly stows away in a toilet cubbyhole.

NOT TOO COMFORTABLE. A short and sweet experience is what you want out of toilet phones. Too comfortable and you'll never leave!

Aug 8, 2002 at 2:14 AM Post #11 of 67
I'm going to have to go with the Beyerdynamic DT770 for two reasons:
1) It's a closed headphone so your music will be undisturbed by gastroinstestinal noises and water sounds. (I think Jude calls this "splashy."
2) This is widely considered one of the most bass heavy headphones (without being boomy!) and can best deliver the "brown notes" to help get things moving down there.

One headphone I have to recommend against is the Etymotic. While fine in its own right and capable of blocking up to 25db, the occlusion effect of actually hearing the texture of your lunch brushing your sphincter may not be a pleasurable accompaniment to your favorite music.

Aug 8, 2002 at 2:16 AM Post #12 of 67
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
One headphone I have to recommend against is the Etymotic. While fine in its own right and capable of blocking up to 25db, the occlusion effect of actually hearing the texture of your lunch brushing your sphincter may not be a pleasurable accompaniment to your favorite music.

In that case you'll just have to time your bowel movements to flow with the music.

<------------And of course this is a thread I am ideally qualified to comment on.

Aug 8, 2002 at 2:39 AM Post #13 of 67
i get asked this question all the time. what a lot of people don't know is that their bodies act like subwoofers when duty calls. hence, here's a vote for the k1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back