Which headphone should I buy?
Jul 6, 2010 at 12:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

aburigo

New Head-Fier
Hello people,

I'm an amateur in headphones and i am wondering to buy one for me. Given that I am Brazilian, i was searching some brands in ebay, like Skullcandy and Aerial7. I love the headphones from Skullcandy, but searching on the forum, some people spoke that Skullcandy's sucks! Told that the sound quality is poor, but if you want style it is the right headphone. So, what's the better headphone for me, who's not a professional. I want good quality of sound and i have two ipods (Classic e Nano). I like Reggae, Rock, Eletronic, Hip-Hop... I'm eclectic. Ahh, I'm looking for a price less than US$70,00.

Thanks and cheers!
darthsmile.gif

Jul 6, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #2 of 15
Yes Skullcandy and Aeriel7's do suck ( I had some ). Look for a used pair of Audio Technica ATH-50's, that's your best bet. Or just for an extra $30 you can buy a brand new pair of ATH- M50's.http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/477843-REG/Audio_Technica_ATH_M50_ATH_M50_Professional_Closed_Back_Studio.html

Jul 6, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #3 of 15

Quote:
Yes Skullcandy and Aeriel7's do suck ( I had some ). Look for a used pair of Audio Technica ATH-50's, that's your best bet. Or just for an extra $30 you can buy a brand new pair of ATH- M50's.http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/477843-REG/Audio_Technica_ATH_M50_ATH_M50_Professional_Closed_Back_Studio.html

Now I'm seeing the crap that I would do if it bought that phones... Man, i don't like used things... There isn't another model cheapless. US$100 is too expensive for me, considering that I have to pay the shipping... So, i want less than $70.

Thanks!

Jul 6, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #6 of 15
I'd look at the ES7s as well, or the KSC75/Portapros.

Jul 6, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #7 of 15
Ohh, i forgot to say that i want over-ear headphones.

Quote:
How important is the bass for you? Are you a bassyhead? 

Man, i never had a good headphone with excellent audio... But i think it is importante, because a like to hear all sound that contains in a music, like bass, drums, percussion...

Quote:
If you prefer closed phones, then I would cast my vote for the ATH-ES7. An even cheaper alternative would be the AKG K81DJ. I've owned and enjoyed both.

What means closed phone? It is Over-Ear headphone?

Thanks for the help guys!!

Cheers

Jul 7, 2010 at 9:11 AM Post #10 of 15
Try to find the Koss UR-55. They're new so it may be awhile to find them online. They're the best headphones i've heard for under $100 so far. I even prefer them over the Porta Pro's and maybe even the Audio Technica M50's!

My favorite headphone is the HD-600, but i've been using the UR-55 for the past few days and love them. The fit is also perfect and I found the Porta Pro's to be painful to where since I wear glasses.

I think the UR-55's are in the new Koss "pulse" series, whatever that is. Hopefully they're not a Best Buy exclusive. For some reason they're only listed on one website online?!

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #11 of 15

Quote:

But Koss Porta Pro's is an on ear headphone and not an over ear, right?

Yes, they are on ear. But if you are looking for a cheap headphone, with bass and details. This could be a nice choice. 

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #12 of 15

Quote:
Try to find the Koss UR-55. They're new so it may be awhile to find them online. They're the best headphones i've heard for under $100 so far. I even prefer them over the Porta Pro's and maybe even the Audio Technica M50's!

My favorite headphone is the HD-600, but i've been using the UR-55 for the past few days and love them. The fit is also perfect and I found the Porta Pro's to be painful to where since I wear glasses.

I think the UR-55's are in the new Koss "pulse" series, whatever that is. Hopefully they're not a Best Buy exclusive. For some reason they're only listed on one website online?!

I tried to find the Koss UR-55, but not found. Only at Best Buy... :/  and these Audio-Tech ATH-ES7 that the user 'hahahigh " said, are good? It's over-ear headphone? Searching on audio-technica website, i found the ATH-M35, it's costs less than $60, this is a good headphone? Another question, how many is a good Frequency Response?

I'm really thinking about buying the ATH-m50s, is the best choice?

Thanks!

Jul 8, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #13 of 15

Quote:
I tried to find the Koss UR-55, but not found. Only at Best Buy... :/  and these Audio-Tech ATH-ES7 that the user 'hahahigh " said, are good? It's over-ear headphone? Searching on audio-technica website, i found the ATH-M35, it's costs less than $60, this is a good headphone? Another question, how many is a good Frequency Response?

I'm really thinking about buying the ATH-m50s, is the best choice?

Thanks!

For closed cans it is for sure. The ATH-M35 I have not heard so I cannot comment on them, I would think that the ATH-M50's were a upgrade from them. Some people don't like how ATH-M50's clamp, but this can easily be helped by stretching them on the box that they came in.

EDIT:
I saw you asking about the ES7's and I didn't like them at all compared to the M50's. If you choose the ES7's a lot of chinese companies are making replicas. Meaning that if you get a replica they will not have the same sound AT ALL. Buy these from a trusted seller if you buy on ebay.

Jul 8, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #15 of 15

Quote:
IMO the ATH-M50 are excellent all-around circumaural closed-back headphones at the $100 mark - my top choice with those attributes.

Yeah, I love it! But it is very expansive to me, i will have to pay the shipment yet. I'm amateur, first i want a good and cheap headphone, and my next headphone will be excelent... So, i want to test if i will like headphones. I think i will buy ES7.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back