Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list?
Apr 20, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #46 of 141
Beyerdynamics DT 880 PRO
Sony MDR-1R
AKG 240 Studio

Apr 20, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #50 of 141
Ultrasone Sig Pro or DJ ..very close to getting one, maybe I'll get both eventually if they're different enough and awesome enough.
Then others I'd like to try sometime in future:
- Beyer T1 (with a great amp)
- Beyer T51p
- Alpha dogs / Fostex th500-rp
- th900 (just to compare with my 600s)
- He-560
I'd own em all if I didn't have bills to pay food to buy and rent to cover !

Apr 20, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #51 of 141
Ultrasone Sig Pro or DJ ..very close to getting one, maybe I'll get both eventually if they're different enough and awesome enough.
Then others I'd like to try sometime in future:
- Beyer T1 (with a great amp)
- Beyer T51p
- Alpha dogs / Fostex th500-rp
- th900 (just to compare with my 600s)
- He-560
I'd own em all if I didn't have bills to pay food to buy and rent to cover !

Nice picks. 

You happy with the Fostex 600? For me, Fostex 600 and Sig DJ are top two ones I want!

Apr 20, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #52 of 141

Nice picks. 

You happy with the Fostex 600? For me, Fostex 600 and Sig DJ are top two ones I want!

Yes, I absolutely love them. Incredibly detailed, dynamic fun sound, huge soundstage for 'closed' cans, big + DEEP bass, these sound the most like good studio monitor speakers (or better) than any other headphone I've tried. They sound just as good on very low volume as they do LOUD too! Very light, very immersive, very comfy, the perfect home listening headphones really. I don't find them lacking anywhere.

I think I agree and that's why I'll probably go for the DJs over the Pros although its a very tough choice. Its good having complimentary headphones that do different things for variety. But I just love my electronic music (many subgenres) so it makes sense to have the best for what I listen to most.

Apr 20, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #53 of 141
  Yes, I absolutely love them. Incredibly detailed, dynamic fun sound, huge soundstage for 'closed' cans, big + DEEP bass, these sound the most like good studio monitor speakers (or better) than any other headphone I've tried. They sound just as good on very low volume as they do LOUD too! Very light, very immersive, very comfy, the perfect home listening headphones really. I don't find them lacking anywhere.

I think I agree and that's why I'll probably go for the DJs over the Pros although its a very tough choice. Its good having complimentary headphones that do different things for variety. But I just love my electronic music (many subgenres) so it makes sense to have the best for what I listen to most.

Indeed! Well, from what I read, I think we're on the right track for the best EDM phones available! Thanks for the great description of TH-600, I can't wait to try them someday!

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #55 of 141
Hello to all of you from Croatia .This is my first post here . I've been lurking around here for a while and i'm so glad to be part of these community 
beerchug.gif

Well , on topic .
I love Denon Music maniac line and Focal .
Next on my list from Denon is AH-D7100 ( i have D600 and i know there is no big difference soundwise but i like them so much and i love that comfort )
and next from Focal will be Spirit Pro ( i have Spirit Classic ) 

Apr 20, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #56 of 141
I am wanting to get into at least one planar phone so let us just say,
1. LCD2 or 3
2. HE-6
3. HD800 or HD700
4. GS1000i

That should keep me busy for a while. My front end I am very happy with at the moment, Uber Bifrost and a Lyr amp.

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #57 of 141
  Which Grado that you've heard do you like best?

I tried SR60I, and liked it a lot.....

SR325I, let's just say I kept it for about 3 days. 

I haven't heard any of them, yet, only the SR225i that I have and really like. Thinking about taking a trip down to a local hi-fi store that carries Grados though and seeing if I can do some auditions.

Apr 27, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #60 of 141
  I've got a pair of V-Moda XS coming this week. All the reviews say the sound is pretty good, and they're super comfy, and compact, so they'll make great portables.

Just ordered mine this week too. I don't doubt that they are any less than what people say they are. V-Moda does a pretty good job of over-delivering on the quality in almost every aspect compare to the other brands I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back