Which Headphone is bassy and goo sound!!!!! (ultrasone or shure or v-moda)
May 16, 2011 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

indy1314

Head-Fier
ultrasone hifi 2400
ultrasone hifi 580
ultrasone dj1 pro
v-moda crossfade
shure 750dj

which headphone have the most base and decent sound quality and noise isolation.
or do anyone have any other recommendation. i want the headphone to have removable cable.

May 16, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #3 of 28

Quote:
ultrasone hifi 2200
ultrasone hifi 580 / 780
ultrasone dj1 pro
v-moda crossfade
shure 750dj

which headphone have the most base and decent sound quality and noise isolation.
or do anyone have any other recommendation. i want the headphone to have removable cable.

The HFI-2200 is open-backed meaning poor isolation, so that's out.

Never heard the Shure 750, but read that they don't have the bass of some other DJ phones and they aren't built as sturdy as others in their class.

Some impressions of the Crossfades are that they're decent.  Others claim they sound like mud.  I never heard them and don't plan on it.

The HFI-580 and DJ1 are actually the same headphone in many ways.  Some claim they sound identical, others that they're only very slightly different.  In any case, choose the one that you like the styling of more or, if you don't care, just go for what's cheaper. 

The consensus is that the HFI-780 is less bassy than the 580/DJ1 but present slightly more clarity and better treble extension.  Some have actually posted about preferring the "smoother" treble on the latter.  The biggest turnoff of the 780 for me was its treble presentation.

Out of those listed, it sounds like the HFI-580/DJ1 is your best bet.  If I was personally choosing from your short list, I would buy the 580.

May 17, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 28
Thank.
i want a headphone that have a removable cable, so i might go for the dj1 pro.
do you personally own the dj1 pro?
And have you heard of the phiaton ms400, are this headphone good for hip-hop / rap?

Quote:

The HFI-2200 is open-backed meaning poor isolation, so that's out.

Never heard the Shure 750, but read that they don't have the bass of some other DJ phones and they aren't built as sturdy as others in their class.

Some impressions of the Crossfades are that they're decent.  Others claim they sound like mud.  I never heard them and don't plan on it.

The HFI-580 and DJ1 are actually the same headphone in many ways.  Some claim they sound identical, others that they're only very slightly different.  In any case, choose the one that you like the styling of more or, if you don't care, just go for what's cheaper. 

The consensus is that the HFI-780 is less bassy than the 580/DJ1 but present slightly more clarity and better treble extension.  Some have actually posted about preferring the "smoother" treble on the latter.  The biggest turnoff of the 780 for me was its treble presentation.

Out of those listed, it sounds like the HFI-580/DJ1 is your best bet.  If I was personally choosing from your short list, I would buy the 580.

May 17, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #5 of 28

Quote:
Thank.
i want a headphone that have a removable cable, so i might go for the dj1 pro.
do you personally own the dj1 pro?
And have you heard of the phiaton ms400, are this headphone good for hip-hop / rap?

I don't own the DJ1 nor have I heard the Phiatons.  I've read parallels made to the Ultrasones though since they have a punchy bass emphasis, but I personally don't like the looks of the carbon fiber finish on the cups and especially don't like the ones that are outfitted with the red pads and headband.  I could see someone really liking their aesthetics though so to each their own.

May 17, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #6 of 28
The HFI-780's have such a clean, quick bass punch.

Its absolutely amazing for Electronic music. I listen to alot of Industrial music (Metal + Electronic) and its absolutely amazing!!

I think the HFI-580's actually have a bigger 50mm driver which may be better if you want more bass.

I really want to eventually upgrade to the Pro-900's they're supposedly even bassier but still well balanced. (enough for bass lovers at least :)

May 17, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #10 of 28
BTW, DJ1 Pro isn't the same as DJ1 (non-pro) / HFI-580, you'll better off with DJ1 non-pro / HFI-580, the Pro version isn't that bassy. AFAIK the DJ1 Pro is the same as discontinued Pro 550.

May 17, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #11 of 28
For goo sound I'd suggest Jello.  Perhaps tapioca, if that's your thing.

May 18, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #13 of 28

i would like to get a mp3 player for my dj1 pro.

is the a845 or cowon s9 better for hip-hop / rap, more bassy mp3 player.

Or any other mp3 player are better?

It is iphone or any apple product wouldn't drive the dj1 pro?

May 18, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #14 of 28

Quote:
Quote:

How is the bass response?  Pls post impressions.

Jello bass is generous but flabby as one would expect, but it depends on the specific flavor.  Tapioca bass is always rich and full but with a hint of uncontrollability.  It's down to personal preference, of course.

May 18, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #15 of 28

Quote:

i would like to get a mp3 player for my dj1 pro.

is the a845 or cowon s9 better for hip-hop / rap, more bassy mp3 player.

Or any other mp3 player are better?

It is iphone or any apple product wouldn't drive the dj1 pro?

Get the Cowon, it is the best match for the HFI 580 there can possibly be. Due to Cowon's BBE EQ and HFI 580's potential for bass impact, they are a phenomenal match. Anything else is average.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back