Which genres are better with the HD25s vs the M80s?
Jan 1, 2013 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Rex24-7

Head-Fier
My favorite music genres are anywhere from rock, heavy metal, and power metal to alternative rock and electronica-rock hybrids/DnB, and finally towards slow trance-y electronica and full blown dubstep. I read that the Sennheiser HD25-1 II is more aggressive sounding and makes rock music realIy shine, while the V-Moda Crossfade M-80 has more detailed bass and is used more for electronica. I wanted to know if I got one headphone or the other, which genre would that headphone generally sound better for, and if the M-80 still does metal well, or there's sufficient bass to get the HD25s instead.

If you want to recommend another pair, the main constant between these headphones is they prevent sound from leaking which is important since I will be using them at work.
Thanks Head-Fi!
- Rex

Jan 1, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 2
I see the HD25 as more detailed across the spectrum, id go for them since they are excellent all rounders in general.
plus the fact they are impossible to destroy.
My only issue is that they are a little bit uncomfortable after a couple of hours.

Im into both metal and EDM, although i favour Hardstyle to Dubstep.
personally there is nothing that does them well.. so i just use different headphones for each application :p
Although if i was forced to pick to own 1 pair, based on your criteria id probably go down the HD25 route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back