Which foamies fit?
Nov 10, 2008 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

worminater

100+ Head-Fier
I have had my SA6 for awhile now; but it seems after an hour or so of use; my ears get itchy with the included bi-flange (Which has caused me to use them less and less as time has gone on).

I always used foamies on my e2c before they died; so I am thinking...

Shure Black Foam Sleeves Medium 5 Pack (10 Sleeves)
http://www.soundearphones.com/produc...jtabce5&id=348

From searching these forums; these seem to fit and work well for people; but I feel it best I double check on here before ordering. (My e2c are long gone; 2 moves since)

Thanks,
Chris

Nov 10, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #2 of 10
Yes, they're the ones. I'm with you with the flanged tips. Many find them comfy but I couldn't stand them. The Shures are great, they are a tight fit on the tube though. When it comes to removing them, I find it's best to remove the tube, complete with foam; preferably with the tube removal tool if you've got one. Then put something soft, like a handkerchief, on a flat surface and press down on the base of the foam's plastic inner, pushing it down the tube. Once the tube becomes exposed you'll be able to wriggle it off. Trying any other way is likely to lead to a mangled foam or broken tube

Nov 10, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #3 of 10
I have some black olives but the comply t-100 series fits me so much better. I use the standards, they are slightly smaller then the small olives. They are alot softer also. But if the olives fit you well then they are great also.

Nov 10, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #4 of 10
ty, ordered a pack of each; I had my e2's before the olives came out; and always wanted to try them; but many people recommend the comply's, so testing should be in order.

Thanks,
Chris

Nov 10, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #5 of 10
Complys are very comfortable but don't last very long at all. If money is no object then they're the ones to get (albeit they look nasty after a couple of uses). The Shures last well, you can wipe them over to keep them pretty well maintained

Nov 10, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #6 of 10
X2 on the Olives. I use the forced method to get them off (I push them out backwards, using the tip of the headphone jack to push the treble tubes out). I guess you could crack the treble tubes, so be careful. Of course, that's better than having the sleeve too loose and come off in your ear, which happened to me when I tried using the gels from the Images. They are a great combo, better than the Sleek silicone, but they are not snug enough, so my wife had to remove the single flange using a tweezers. Ugh.

I have some comply T100s around, might have to try them too.

Oh, for a cheap ugly alternative, I also use the Shure yellow foamies, the standard models. They also stick to the treble tubes, but make for a very nice seal and SQ. They are ugly and get dirty very easily, however.

Nov 18, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #8 of 10
Came in; I am currently using the Medium Comply's. Light and day difference for extended use with the stock bi-flange in comfort. I laid down to listen and relax at a low volume; and I fell asleep; woke up an hour or two later not realizing I had them in still. Much more comfortable. Sound vs stock bi-flange is comparable to me; I do not notice either way really; but I have no stopped back and forth. I'll pay more attention to detail when I switch out for the olives.

In my mind Sleek should ship a foamy of some sort.

Thanks,
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back