Which electrostat do YOU prefer?
Oct 4, 2005 at 11:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

BANGPOD

1000+ Head-Fier
Head-Fi'ers --

As the title says, which one do you prefer overall?
Not for specific genres, but as a complete headphone.

BANGPOD

Oct 4, 2005 at 11:09 PM Post #2 of 9
HE90, then Omega II then 404. I don't have enough experience with the HE60's to know where they would rank in this lineup. I've not heard any other electrostat headphones.

Oct 6, 2005 at 9:58 PM Post #3 of 9
Though call. Really.

I'd go for the HE60 if you can find them first, as you can always get the Omegas as long as they are available.

Oct 6, 2005 at 10:32 PM Post #5 of 9
Great poll but cannot vote as I am not registered to vote on the HE60
frown.gif

Oct 6, 2005 at 10:53 PM Post #6 of 9
Omega II's. Owned them both, kept the OII's. That's just me, of course, as there's lots to like with the Baby O - quick, good bass, smooth, but with details galore. Their achilles heel (for me) was the occaisional wayward treble with sibilant sounds - would really cartch me off guard - all this applies with the HEV70 amp - they may be better with another.

The Omega II's are the fuller, overall more satisfying experience 95% of my Omega II listening was with the Stax 007t amp.

Very important to note, I think, that one's conclusions in matters such as these cannot be formed at a meet or other short listening session.

Oct 6, 2005 at 10:54 PM Post #7 of 9
Good poll, but I don't have enough experience with either to be able to cast a meaningful vote. From what I've gathered, both of these electrostats are quite superb, and have their own strengths and weaknesses; a choice between them is most likely a matter of preference.

Oct 7, 2005 at 3:23 AM Post #8 of 9
Take this opinion with a grain of salt as I've only spent about one hour with the HE60, but I preferred the O2. Maybe if I heard them both off of a 007t instead of a KGSS it would make a difference.

Oct 7, 2005 at 5:41 AM Post #9 of 9
Omega's for neutrality and effortless reproduction and the HE60 for being more musical albeit a bit colored and metallic sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back