Which Earbud?
Oct 30, 2007 at 3:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

saiyanzzrage

New Head-Fier
ipod nano/ipod classic use, i listen to metal and rock, and i cant use the in ear types, only looking for buds

I narrowed it down to these three:

senn mx500
yuin pk3 - j cord, what does that mean?
Beyerdynamic DTX10

what do you think?

Oct 30, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #2 of 30
Can't go wrong with the PK3. J-cord means that the wire leading to your left ear is shorter than the right ear wire, giving it a "j" effect (as opposed to meeting in the middle, which would be a y cord). I have the pk3 and don't mind the j-cord. I do wish the overall length was a bit longer, but not a problem for me. Others prefer the y cord. If you get them, you can ask for the Y cord, I believe, when you order at head-direct.

I can't speak for the other two choices, but the PK3s are a great value.

Oct 30, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #3 of 30
Definitely PK3 - best of the three.

J cord means the cable is asymmetrical from the cable splitting point - the left side cable (from the speaker unit to the splitting point) is shorter than the right side.

Oct 30, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #4 of 30
thanks everyone for the detailed responses...

i will look into getting the pk3's with the y cord from head-direct, because now that i know what a j cord is, id like to stay away if i can (owned a previous set of buds with it and couldnt stand it)

Oct 30, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #7 of 30
no y-cords yet for pk3...

I just got them today and they are very impressive . better than mx500 for sure.

I'm just warming to their sig. , I do notice they sound their best with a powerfull source (my sony portable radio ) , I think an amp improves them a lot.

Oct 30, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #8 of 30
J cords are not that bad.

Oct 30, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #9 of 30
I'm really curious how this pk1 sounds
biggrin.gif
I love the pk3's. they are in between the px100 and kramer modded ksc75 .

Oct 30, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by robert1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no y-cords yet for pk3...

I just got them today and they are very impressive . better than mx500 for sure.

I'm just warming to their sig. , I do notice they sound their best with a powerfull source (my sony portable radio ) , I think an amp improves them a lot.

theres 2 things i dont like about the pk3's, the j cord, and the length of them...ill have to stuff the extra cord length in my pocket, and that is going to be annoying

stinks im so picky, the reviews are awesome for them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back