which DVD for CD's ?
May 13, 2002 at 8:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Shak

New Head-Fier
I Decided to use a dvd as a transport (through an ART DI/O)
I need recommendations about a good DVD up to 500$
(I should read mp3, CDR, and have optical and coax digital out)

May 13, 2002 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 10
I've been trying to figure out the same question. I was looking at the Toshiba SD5700, supports DVD, DVD-A, CD, MP3, has a toslink out. Lists at 399$, but sells for much less. However, I'm far from decided on anything. If you find anything that fits the bill, post about it, because it might fit my needs too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, I feel compelled to note my amusement at nebuchadnezzar's post. EVERY SINGLE TIME I post, or see a post that says something like, "I'm looking for a pretty good <blank>, my budget is <blank>." There is at least one post where someone is like, "Well, if you are willing to go 300$ over your budget, this is a great <blank>." Its so suggestive! No wonder everyone says "Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet." There are all these people suggesting that you spend more. You can't post anything without someone trying to convince you to go over your budget. I just think its funny.
smily_headphones1.gif

peace,
phidauex

May 13, 2002 at 4:14 PM Post #5 of 10
Yep, amusing. Oddly enough it how my Grado SR-125s turned into RS-2s and know I'm looking for an amp and maybe some upgrades to my source and home system.

All this started out by a suggestion from Jodokast to come check this place out when I entioned to him I needed some headphones for work.
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, I'll let you know if I find a CD/DVD player that fits the budget. I'm also gonna check out the on you posted.

May 14, 2002 at 2:24 AM Post #6 of 10
we're all in the same boat, phidauex....it seems no matter how high your budget so much more can be had for: "just a few dollars more" ...not to mention all the great gear people hear bring to our attention.

but, letting someone else be your electronics guinea pig is a great way to increase your budget!!
wink.gif

I was only trying to help
rolleyes.gif

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

May 14, 2002 at 4:43 AM Post #8 of 10
I have the Pioneer DV440 dvd player, got it at Crutchfield for $179 a few months ago. It plays dvds, cds, mp3 cds, vcds & scvds. It also has Brownburr dacs, audio cds sound good, it would be hard to buy a better cd player at this price.

May 14, 2002 at 5:32 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by nebuchadnezzar
you asked for it....Apex Digital made it, i guess....Apex DVD-A /SACD /CD /CD-R/w retails in the area of $350

I haven't heard it but Sound and Vision magazine (pg.62 Feb/Mar 02) did a review of this "Plays Everything" player.

apexdigitalinc.com

Yeah I saw that one but couldn't bring myself to post it. From what I read jitter affects video and audio playback on this one. It does do everything though
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back