which crossfeed?
post-167384
Post #1 of 4

silence

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
I´ve been looking through the forum and find a few links for different separate crossfeed filters - but no direct comparisons between them.

How do the headroom compare to the Chu Moy filter and the filter on the Cordas. What kind of crossfeed is used on the META42s.

Does anyone build separate crossfeed filters like Chu Moys - I´m not a DIY though the design look quite simple ?(besides Headrooms Static which will triple the price of my Creek OBH-11 se)

Silence

post-167421
Post #2 of 4

acs236

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Silence, (good handle, btw, I feel so commanding when I start the message this way)

I have an Airhead, and JMT-built CMOY w/ Meier crossfeed (or so I'm told
), and a Tangent-built Cmoy modified Linkwitz crossfeed (I could be getting the name wrong) (also, it's in a separate box, so maybe you should talk to Tangent about it). I've done a little bit of comparison between the them, though not as much to get a truly informed opinion. I'm also not so much of a crossfeed fan. That being said, I personally like the modded Linkwitz the best. I found it provides the crossfeed effect, but doesn't alter the sound as much as the others. However, I find them all acceptable. If you really want to know about one or the other, I can do some more listening -- let me know.

post-167882
Post #3 of 4

silence

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi acs236

Yes, I think it could be really interesting to hear. I think Chu Moy has som interesting discussion on the quality of the Linkwitz crossfield in his description of the building of the crossfeed - but I know that their must be a lot of personal preferences in this.

I mostly listen to classical music when using headphones, and as far as I have understood this might be the music that might benefit most from the crossfeed.

Silence

post-167887
Post #4 of 4

acs236

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I'll set aside some time tomorrow if I can and listen to some classical music with the modded linkwitz and Meier crossfeed and let you know what I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)