Which Comply eartips for ER-6i?
Aug 21, 2010 at 5:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

zvook

New Head-Fier
I am looking for replacement foam eartips for my Ety 6i's of the closed cell foam variety which Etymotic discontinued. Looking through past discussions, it looks like the best choices are Complys or Shure black foam sleeves.  I am leaning towards the Complys, but they seem to have a bunch of different models now since those discussions, and the Comply website earphone selector strangely does not list the ER-6i's as compatible with any of their products.  Which models of their eartips work with the 6i's?  There is a T-series and a Tx-series (with some sort of additional wax guard filter over the opening) in model numbers 100, 200, 400, and 500 that come in sizes S, M, and L.  There is also a single model of the P-series which comes in sizes standard and slim.  The P-series is significantly longer than the T/Tx, and the standard size P-series is closest in external measurements to the original ety eartips.  However, they don't list the diameters of the inside cylinder which attaches to the monitor for any of their eartips.  Anyone have any suggestions?  

I think the P-series should work based on past discussions.  Also, Westone sells repackaged Complys in standard, short, and slim which I believe also work.  If plug in any Westone model into Comply's earphone selector, I get the T-100, Tx-100, and the P-series as being compatible.  So I am guessing the P-series corresponds to Westone repackaged standard and slim, while the T/Tx are variations on what folks previously referred to as Comply shorts.

Aug 21, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #2 of 3
The T100's work for ER6i's although I prefer the shure olives, as they last longer and for my ears were more comfortable.  They are not porous like the comply's so they don't hold dirt and oil that comes from rolling/squishing them.  I did not notice a sound difference between the two. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back