Which circumaural headphones to get?
Aug 3, 2002 at 9:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Memph

Head-Fier
Hey..
I have a pair of Senn HD-580's and it turns out for me to get the sound they deserve to give i would need to sepnd quite a bit on a little headphone amp.. And i really cant afford to do that.. So i was wanting some opinions on what headphones to get...

Now i would really prefer headphones that go right around the ear and dont sit on the ear... And i can spend about the same as what the 580's are worth coz i will probably take these back and get something else...

so yeah. Which circumaural headphones would you recommend that dont need an amp..

Thanks alot..

Aug 3, 2002 at 6:54 PM Post #2 of 8
What kind of music do you listen to, and what kind of sound do you prefer (lots of detail, bass, good midrange, etc.)?

So you won't be using an amp at all? What will your source be (portable, computer, home CD player)?

Aug 5, 2002 at 9:27 AM Post #3 of 8
You may want to look into HD-590. They don't need an amp. Although, for $150-$250 you can get a decent amp that will drive your 580's and you may be happier with that combo.

Aug 5, 2002 at 9:54 AM Post #4 of 8
I am thinking of getting some Beyer 770 Pros..
as they suit my music tastes better. and willbe a little better with out an amp fir the time being
then will be really good if i do get an amp down the track

Aug 5, 2002 at 5:16 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Memph
I am thinking of getting some Beyer 770 Pros..
as they suit my music tastes better. and willbe a little better with out an amp fir the time being
then will be really good if i do get an amp down the track

The 770 Pro's need an amp.

You would wanna look at the 590's.....

Aug 6, 2002 at 6:03 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Gluegun

The 770 Pro's need an amp.

You would wanna look at the 590's.....

In the future i will be looking at getting an amp...

I am looking at either a META42 or a Corda HeadAmp.

Aug 6, 2002 at 6:11 AM Post #7 of 8
590s are really bright...

what do you want in a headphone??? You could get Etymotics, the ER4P or ER6. or you could get the Beyer 250-80. or you could get the Audio Technica W100 or. or or or or.

Aug 6, 2002 at 6:16 AM Post #8 of 8
I want some headphones that will be run from my computer (through an amp int he future)...
I will listen to a lot of punk/techno so a lot of bass and clarity is good...

i dont know all that much about headphones..
but i know the HD580's arent what i want and the 770 Pro's are what i want
biggrin.gif

lol..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back