Which C-Pad headphile matchs to My Grado-SR80?
May 21, 2005 at 8:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kuerman

New Head-Fier
Anyone had experienced with C-pad; Alpha, Beta (with ported or without ported) I'm so confused myself. Plz help me out. Which one of C-Pad series make grado sr80 the best?

Thanks,

kuerman

May 21, 2005 at 12:01 PM Post #2 of 5
it depends on your listening preference, since all of those pads can fit on your SR80. What kind of music do you like? Do you an exaggeration in any freqency, like bass? how "open" do you like your sound? etc etc...

May 21, 2005 at 1:11 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphie
C Pads are more expensive than your cans dude... Upgrade them before you buy C Pads for them...

Or, buy the C-pads for the comfort factor, and when you upgrade the cans you can use the same pads all the way up to SR325/MS-2
wink.gif

Which pad you choose depends on how you like the Grado sound - Alphas (and I assume the new Gammas) are more like the bowls as they keep the drivers further from your ear than the Betas (and Deltas) which are more like the flat pads. Having them ported means you can alter the sound slightly until you get it just how you like. The flat sound is what most people seem to consider the 'Grado sound', but as the cans all seem to be supplied with bowls nowadays it might be a bit different to what you're used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back