Which bass heavy (wired) headphone for Pioneer SE-DIR800C?
Mar 17, 2006 at 2:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Miklos

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

I would like to get your advice. I just ordered a Pioneer SE-DIR800C setup.

I have read, that many people recommend a bass heavy wired headphone to be used with the SE-DIR800C (instead of the included wireless headphones).

My primary use will be gaming ( Xbox 360), and I would not like to spend too much for the headphones. ( I.e. I do not worry if the audio fidelity for music or movies is not perfect)

So: which wired headphone would you recommend, and also, where would be a good place to get it?

Thanks for any advice.

Miklos

Mar 17, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miklos
Hello all,

I would like to get your advice. I just ordered a Pioneer SE-DIR800C setup.

I have read, that many people recommend a bass heavy wired headphone to be used with the SE-DIR800C (instead of the included wireless headphones).

My primary use will be gaming ( Xbox 360), and I would not like to spend too much for the headphones. ( I.e. I do not worry if the audio fidelity for music or movies is not perfect)

So: which wired headphone would you recommend, and also, where would be a good place to get it?

Thanks for any advice.

Miklos

For all of my 360 gaming, I use a Beyerdynamic DT770-80. It isn't terribly hard to drive (but benefits with impact from amplification) and has plenty of emphasis on Bass that doesn't seem to be obtrusive that often... in fact, it's really quite ideal for gaming. Ghost Recon rocks pretty hard with these. $150-$200 at Guitar Center, depending on how well you can haggle with the salesman.

I think you'll also get reccomendations for the Audio Technica A900, from Audiocubes.com. Those will run you $200.

Mar 17, 2006 at 2:23 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
For all of my 360 gaming, I use a Beyerdynamic DT770-80. It isn't terribly hard to drive (but benefits with impact from amplification) and has plenty of emphasis on Bass that doesn't seem to be obtrusive that often... in fact, it's really quite ideal for gaming. Ghost Recon rocks pretty hard with these. $150-$200 at Guitar Center, depending on how well you can haggle with the salesman.

I think you'll also get reccomendations for the Audio Technica A900, from Audiocubes.com. Those will run you $200.

Thanks for the advice... I was actually planning to spend less than $100...

Any suggestion in that price range?
Also, I have already Sennheiser HD 201. Should I just use that? Will it have better bass then the Pioneer wireless cans?

I have found mentions of the bass heavy AKG K 26 P. Is that recommended ( and better than the HD 201)?

Mar 17, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miklos
Thanks for the advice... I was actually planning to spend less than $100...

Any suggestion in that price range?
Also, I have already Sennheiser HD 201. Should I just use that? Will it have better bass then the Pioneer wireless cans?

I have found mentions of the bass heavy AKG K 26 P. Is that recommended ( and better than the HD 201)?

Oh, well then that's easy. You can get most of the Audio Technica A900 performance in the A500. I think that's about $100 at Audiocubes. Real good full sized can for the price, buy it now and run!
eek.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 5:08 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Oh, well then that's easy. You can get most of the Audio Technica A900 performance in the A500. I think that's about $100 at Audiocubes. Real good full sized can for the price, buy it now and run!
eek.gif

Thank you all!

I have just placed an order for the A500 at Audicubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back