Which aspect of sound is more important for you?
Jun 6, 2005 at 7:12 PM Post #17 of 25
Nothing less than both A & B.
icon10.gif

Jun 6, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai
your both rs-1 and hd650 have great B but when comes to A , which will you prefer?

Btw you have the best of both worlds.
biggrin.gif

Let's say we had a continuum where on one extreme we have your A (musicality/fun factor/overall synergy with ears), and on the other side we have your B (technical ability, resolution power, lack of distortion and unwanted resonances.)

The Rs-1 is closer to the A side but it is still a technically fine can, but the rs-1 excels in what i call "boogie factor," i simply cannot groove and dance to music the way i can with the senns.

The 650's are closer to the B side - the resolution power is amazing, it is incredibly scalable and will only get better and better the more goodies you feed it up stream. They are practically distortionless, with a nice smooth even sound that is engaging to a certain degree. Mass symphonies and choral works require a can with the resolution and transparency to be able to differentiate and convey all of the subtleties of such stated refined music which the 650's mightily accomplish.

The HP-2's, as Jahn has alluded to, are right smack dab in the middle IMHO. They are fast with incredible PRAT and an articulation in the bass that is mind blowing, you can definitely shake your thang and do the electric boogaloo with these cans, however i find myself getting tired sooner because of their weight. Couple that with a transparency and resolution power that is on par with the 650's, but are even more neutral and let you see farther into your gear and music upstream, you are dealing with a set of cans that is the closest thing to a neutral dynamic transducer as possible, these are an audio reviewer's wet dream and will aid me greatly in my future reviews for 6moons, i already have Srajan salivating...

I hope i was able to clarify to a certain extent my position on this matter

Jun 6, 2005 at 8:02 PM Post #19 of 25
You just painted a funny picture in my head of you using the HP-2...

*Recstar headbangs to AC/DC*

*After 7 hours of continuous headbanging, strain of holding up a noggin covered in Grado Metal is too much*

*Lies down, exhausted - puts on some Dave Brubeck*

*Taps feet instead when Paul Desmond solos in his mellow way*

Jun 6, 2005 at 8:22 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

You can choose only one and why?

a) musicality, presentation, synergy with your ear and your type of music

b) technical ability, resolution , clarity , fidelity

No I can´t! I don’t believe they have to be exclusive.
tongue.gif

Jun 6, 2005 at 8:24 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
You just painted a funny picture in my head of you using the HP-2...

*Recstar headbangs to AC/DC*

*After 7 hours of continuous headbanging, strain of holding up a noggin covered in Grado Metal is too much*

*Lies down, exhausted - puts on some Dave Brubeck*

*Taps feet instead when Paul Desmond solos in his mellow way*

Replace AC/DC with Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Pixies, and the Mars Volta, add "Time Out" to the Brubeck portion and you officially have the complete picture.

Jun 6, 2005 at 8:45 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

You can choose only one and why?

a) musicality, presentation, synergy with your ear and your type of music

b) technical ability, resolution , clarity , fidelity

What kind of choice is that? I have no idea what musicality, presentation or synergy mean... and technical ability, resolution, clarity and fidelity are extremely broad terms.

My answer is C) a naturally balanced frequency response

See ya
Steve

Jun 6, 2005 at 8:55 PM Post #23 of 25
B, of course. That's the essence of high fidelity.

Regards,

L.

Jun 6, 2005 at 9:11 PM Post #24 of 25
I'd say a) I listen to music to enjoy it, not to neurotically check if there are no deviations from the source, that's work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back