Which amp?
Aug 1, 2009 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sno

New Head-Fier
I have done some research and I think I found the headphones I will look into and compare: Senn HD600 and Grado SR325i.

Now, I need a decent amp to drive those two...

I looked into Little Dot MK III, Little Dot I+ and HiFiMAN EF2.

All three seem to be reasonably priced, but here's what attracts me to each of them:
- The MK III because of the two stereo inputs.
- The I+ because of the price.
- The EF2 because of the USB input, in addition to RCA.

Which one do you recommend? Are the MK III and the EF2 have a far better performance than the I+, thus justifying their price? Also, are there any other amps in that price range that are just as good (or better)?

Aug 2, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #3 of 7
Skip the mk III, as an OTL tube amp isn't very good for low z phones like the grados. I would say that, of the three you suggested, the EF2 would be a good choice, as it has been getting good reviews, but I have not heard it, so I can't really comment it. Don't know much about the I+, either.

I would look at SS or hybrid offerings, though. Sorry I can't be of more help other than shooting down the mk III.

Aug 2, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #4 of 7
That is actually helpful.
smily_headphones1.gif
One down, two to go.

I have decided to go with the HD600s...

Now, which one would sound better with Senn HD600s, I+ or the EF2? Or, perhaps, a new third option? :p

Also, I asked in the EF2 topic, but I can ask here, too. Does the EF2 work with Linux?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back