Which Amp ?
Mar 25, 2009 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Rotti

New Head-Fier
Hi,

i would like to get the optimum of sound quality out of my headphone..particularly more details and more power

my headphone is ultrasone pro 750... i owned 2 amplifiers before, meier cantate and meier corda2move but for both i have to say that it was marginal better as without an amp. Therefore i would try it again with a new amp which is much better, which i have really more sound quality and improvements...

so finally, which amp would you recommend for my situation regarding my rig too? ibasso?

p.s. the player is a sony NWZ-816

Thanks a lot

Alex

Mar 26, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #3 of 5

krmathis

Head-Fi's Most Prolific Poster
The HeadAmp Pico maybe?
Versatile (also an USB DAC) little amplifier, which seem to get nice feedback.

Mar 26, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #4 of 5

Rotti

New Head-Fier
do you have experience with the pico in combination with pro 750 ?

what do you think about the ibasso amps and nuforce icon mobile amp?

Mar 26, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #5 of 5

Doo Doo Brown

New Head-Fier
I've done some reading on here about possible amps for the Pro 750, as I have them also and am looking for a good amp. The Predator from Ray Samuels Audio got high marks. Of course, it's a pretty pricey amp. I think there is a thread on here somewhere comparing the Pico to the Predator, and the reviewer used Ultrasones for some of the testing (I think I have that right--I've read a LOT of threads on here lately).

I'd like to spend $100-$150 for an amp, but I'm guessing it would be better to save up and spend $250-$350 (unless I buy used gear). Otherwise, I'll be content to go amp-less for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread