Which amp under $300 for rock?
Nov 6, 2012 at 10:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MuZI

Headphoneus Supremus
I recently purchased a pair of AKG K272 HD headphones since they looked nice and I managed to snag a pair for a good price. I haven't been in the audio hobby for a while so I'm a bit rusty on what the latest offerings are. I mostly listen to rock (Probably should have purchased a pair of Grados) and some techno when I'm in the mood.

Source will probably be my iPod for now or laptop. 

I'm the type of person who doesn't buy the flavor of the month and waits for a good deal on a great product. I don't mind waiting a while for the right deal. Given that information what amps should I be on the look out for?

This will not be a mobile set up so size isn't a big factor at all. Biggest limitation will be the price which I would like to keep under $200.

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #2 of 4
I believe the k272 are relatively difficult to drive so you're gonna want something that can put out a lot of juice. Check out the Fiio e9+e7 combo, should be under $200

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #3 of 4
I believe the k272 are relatively difficult to drive so you're gonna want something that can put out a lot of juice. Check out the Fiio e9+e7 combo, should be under $200

Ended up getting a Asgard + Bifrost combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back