Which albums sound best with your Grado?
Apr 21, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #106 of 295

Quote:

Not El Camino though; Auerbach should be embarrassed of himself for putting that dredge out.

Are you familiar with their EP entitled Chulahoma? It is my favorite of their releases, actually; it's a collection of six Junior Kimbrough blues covers. :)

I am not! I'll have to give that a good listen now! 
Can't go wrong with blues covers 
smile_phones.gif

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #108 of 295
Listening to Explosions in the Sky and some Chicane, circa 2004. Both sound amazing!

Apr 22, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #109 of 295
You guys should listen to Johnny Cash's American VI: Ain't No Grave...I think it was released after  he passed, and it has a very haunting  quality about it. But the vocals and the instruments are so amazingly reproduced with the Grados....it's one of my new favorite demos.

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #110 of 295

Quote:
You guys should listen to Johnny Cash's American VI: Ain't No Grave...I think it was released after  he passed, and it has a very haunting  quality about it. But the vocals and the instruments are so amazingly reproduced with the Grados....it's one of my new favorite demos.

I'll check that out.  I listened to Folsom Prison a couple days ago and it sounded really good.

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #111 of 295

Quote:

I'll check that out.  I listened to Folsom Prison a couple days ago and it sounded really good.

Yep, that one sounds great too...I never cared for Johnny Cash growing up, but as I've gotten older I've really come to appreciate him.

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #112 of 295
Back when I had my SR-60, I loved Hatebreed's albums on them. They captured the sound, for me. Also, Nightwish's album Wishmaster sounded pretty good. They were just off the top of my head.

Apr 24, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #113 of 295
WOW the MSFL remaster of Megadeth's Countdown to extinction is INCREDIBLE!!! on the Grado 325,  the Guitar in High Speed Dirt is Visceral and Textured and real.  Just amazing!

May 2, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #114 of 295
Three good Grado albums:
Nirvana - In Utero
Led Zeppelin - Zoso
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia

Wow you took the words out of my mouth. Only thing I would change is zoso to led zeppelin 3.

I'd also add:
dark side - Floyd
taab- Tull
still life - opeth
Whoracle- in flames
Working mans dead - grateful dead
And of course anything by jimi Hendrix.

May 2, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #115 of 295
Im not a huge fan of dance music, but someone recommended chicane, thousand mile stare. More for the recording quality.

Its more. 'ambient' than dull dance music, but it is incredibly well recorded with a huge range of bass frequences.

Sounds fantastic on the hp1000.

On a completely different note, the buena vista social club is another enlightening recording. Beautifully recorded and sounds great on the hp1/2

May 3, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #116 of 295
Everything sound the best with Grado :).

My favorite band has been, for a while now, and is still Demetori (before that it was Dream Theater). It's some fast, instrumental technical metal, but their sound changed so much during the course of time, they're not always so metal. They also do fusion very well.

From my favorite album (shown in background picture, Il Mondo dove e finito il Tempo, in Italian, but they are Japanese guys) so that your eyes can follow :p (look on the right track for a more representative view of what's being played on drum, left is one difficulty easier)

(audio quality on this is not exemplary)

Sometimes I like to get a concrete visual grip on my music. I also like Rock Band pretty much, but I don't want to derail the train or anything.

May 3, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #117 of 295
How has this not been mentioned?

May 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #118 of 295
Eric Johnson - Tones

Taking Back sunday - Tell all your friends 

john mayer - live in LA 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back