Which aftermarket Senn cable is the most flexible
Jul 18, 2005 at 1:31 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
Bad reason for choosing a cable, but my space it very tight. Any help is appreciated.

Oehlbach, but it's not produced anymore (and offers the least sonic benefit). Among the available ones, Headphile BlackSilver.

peacesign.gif

Jul 18, 2005 at 1:50 PM Post #3 of 9
in my experience, Cardas presents a good flexibility and no "microphonics." The silver/black dragon are flexible, but when I've moved about, I can hear the cable sliding. To a significant least degree than the following cable though: The mobius is the least flexible and also the most microphonic of the cables I've tried.
Sonically, I prefer the cardas. In my setup, it brings more impact to the music. The mobius is my second choice as it is a good match with dynamic music.

Jul 18, 2005 at 1:51 PM Post #4 of 9
Cardas is the most flexible I've seen; you can roll it up into a ball practically. Stay away from any of the cables with braided geometrys like Moon Audio, etc since they tend to have shape-memory.

Jul 18, 2005 at 2:01 PM Post #5 of 9
The Oehlbach is definately more flexible than the Cardas, I had a chance to play with the Cardas when Tyll came to town, and my Oehlbach seemed more flexible. However, the Cardas is much easier to come across
600smile.gif

Jul 18, 2005 at 9:20 PM Post #7 of 9
The headphile cable is extremely flexible. Almost as good as the stock cable. I have no experience with other cables but the headphile one is suhweeeet!!

Jul 19, 2005 at 7:20 PM Post #9 of 9
I'm not sure if it is the v2 or the first version, but, by looking at headphile.com and the one on there, mine is a little different. On mine there is heatshrink going under the 1/4" plug not over it like in the picture. Also, mine is just heat shrinked around the senn plugs and not down an inch or so on the cable for whatever reason.

I traded with another head-fier for it so I am not sore when he bought it or what version it is. I am kinda dissapointed in the craftsmenship of it though. I mean it is not bad by anymeans, just little detail stuff. Mostly how the heatshrink is applied and there is adhesive from the heatshrink sticking out. Overall it is a good looking cable but I wouldn't pay the full price for one if they all look like this. I doubt they would considering all of the high praises Larry gets from all the members here about how detailed and how superb the overall quality of his products are.

The sound of the cable is great though. It brings the vocals and lower treble quite a bit more foreward and is very detailed. The sound is very fluent though, there is not a harsh note to be found. The bass is still incredible, articulated yet powerful. This is the best sound I've heard in a loooong time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back