Which 1/8" adapter should I use?
Apr 18, 2002 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Pepsione1

1000+ Head-Fier
I just recieved my Alessandro MS1 from Working Dog today. How exciting... but when I opened the box, I realized that they came with a 1/4" connector without any 1/8" adapter.

So I need to know which 1/8" adapter do I need? Does brand make any difference (since it does with interconnections). I think I will just run to Rat Shack real quick and pick one up for temporary usage before I find the right one (They do not sound good at all on my head right now because I am listening to my speakers with my MS1 on head.)
evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif

Apr 18, 2002 at 10:54 PM Post #2 of 19
I have the Grado adaptor (Headroom, $17). Not only does it work great sound-wise, there is less strain on the portable's headphone connection because it is a short cable..

Apr 18, 2002 at 11:40 PM Post #3 of 19
HI:
When I had my grado 325s I had the same promblem. I could not use it with my mini disc or portable radio. So off to rat shack and got a gold end adapter and it worked find. But It does add a little more weight and size to the 1/4 inch plug. So DeanA might be right with the headroom one for it plugs into the 1/4 in plug and has a short wire mated to a mini plug and puts not extra strain on plug in. Here is the question? Are you in a hearry then rat shack, Or want to be carefull, then headroom.

Apr 18, 2002 at 11:53 PM Post #4 of 19
I would also recommend the Grado adapter, especially since you have a (basically) Grado phone. As DeanA has pointed out, the fact that it is a actual cable vs. just an adaptor is a plus.

Apr 19, 2002 at 12:32 AM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Gluegun
Well, seeing as how the Radio Shack 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor *BROKE* my Total Airhead, I'd say that the $17 are worth it....

(gulp)

I think i may order one as well, the ratshack one does have a habit of getting stuck to the headphone jack.

Apr 19, 2002 at 12:33 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Pepsione1
But is it really worth that $17.00? Is it better in sound quality?

After going the cheap route, I've found out that in audio cables you get what you paid for. And this is a quality cable.

Apr 19, 2002 at 12:37 AM Post #9 of 19
Considering most of the people here use fairly expensive equipment, something that costs $17 to get a little better quality but more importantly a durable cable to use is a pretty good investment.

Apr 19, 2002 at 1:28 AM Post #11 of 19
Pepsi, your pm box is full....

Apr 19, 2002 at 1:50 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Pepsione1
Really, it broke your TA? Wow, I think I should order one right this moment. Thanks everyone.

Question still remains: Does it sound better? Just out of curiousity.

Edit: It does NOT effect the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back