Where's the cheapest trustworthy place to buy Shure earphones?
Dec 21, 2007 at 6:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Bunninator

Head-Fier
I'm looking to buy a pair of SE530's. I've heard of people getting them for as low as $350. I'd like to stay away from sites like eBay because I'm afraid of receiving a counterfeit product. headphone.com doesn't come anywhere near the deals I've heard most people here getting.

Dec 21, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #2 of 16
I don't think there is a fake E500 or SE530
biggrin.gif

It is very strange that although the E500 and SE530 are 99% the same, the SE530 is far more expensive.
I got 2 pairs of E500 with 249$/each @ eCost, but now you can't find anywhere selling it at that price.
About your price, take a look at these:
here and here
Take a look at them and decide which is more trustworthy IYO.

Dec 21, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a nice deal
smily_headphones1.gif

His wanted price is approximately 350$, not 499$.

Shure makes it very plain in their warranty terms that they will NOT honor the two-year warranty on the SE530 if the purchase receipt is from a party other than Shure or a Shure authorized reseller. I have just sent a question to this Seller asking whether they are a Shure authorized reseller. If and when I get a response to this question, I'll post it in this thread.

Dec 22, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #9 of 16
The best reliable deal on the SE530 that I found was $275.95 on RESTOCK SE530 from Full Compass. The RESTOCK item comes with a full, new warranty. Since Full Compass is a Shure authorized dealer (both Full Compass and Shure have verified this to me in emails), Shure will honor the two year warranty on this item.

I thought this deal was so good, that I ordered a pair myself. On the invoice that I received for this item, it states that the sale is final - so no return for refund on this deal.

For those interested, here's the link:
Shure SE530 Earphones, Triple TruAcoustic, (was E500) | Full Compass

and scroll down to the SE530-RESTOCK item, while they last.

Dec 27, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #10 of 16
I am also thinking of purchasing the SE530's from eBay. When I looked at Shure's website, it seems to me that they do honor their warranty, regardless of the reseller...could someone please comment or correct me??

"The warranty is Shure's guarantee that the product will meet our standards of quality and performance. The warranty applies to items that are purchased new in factory-sealed packaging regardless of the seller. Shure strives to form relationships with resellers who will provide the best service and value to customers who buy our products. Authorized Dealers receive only inventory that is new, in factory-sealed packaging, with all accessories, documentation, and full factory warranty. Authorized Dealers receive extensive factory support, and they are the first to receive shipments when new products are introduced. Non-authorized resellers do not have any direct business relationship with Shure. Shure cannot guarantee the authenticity or condition of the items they stock, and we have no ability to intervene on the customer's behalf if necessary."

Mar 11, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #14 of 16
This is a lot of money to be spending on something where the cable will crack if you are a heavy user. Or if you are lucky the cable will crack before you are out of warranty. So my advice? Go somethere else. Shure Cables Crack!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back