Where to plug in phones? (hah)
Nov 12, 2002 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Kintoun

New Head-Fier
Sounds funny but it's a serious question. I do not have an amp for my soon to be 580's, but I have the Boston Acoutics 7800's + TBSC. I was wondering where would be a better place to plug in my phones. Do the 7800's have any amp that could slightly boost the phones? Would it be better for the positioning in games for the TBSC to use headphone output? Is there any difference at all with using headphone output on TBSC vs 7800's jack?

On a side note, I need a good microphone for which to use voice over games. Obviously I don't need a headset, so does neone know of a good mic which can attach to the 580's? Mebby a snake-light approach where I can twist the mic around a side of the 580's? If not then whats a quality mic for voice in games?

Nov 12, 2002 at 10:36 PM Post #2 of 5
If the 7800s have a specific headphone jack, try it. It would certainly be easier than going around to the back of the computer, and then having to change audio settings from speakers to headphones. Might be a cleaner sound, too.

I've got the BA7500s... great speakers
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2002 at 5:16 AM Post #3 of 5
I think if you game religiously then you have to use the jack on ur speaker coz it's more convenient that way.
But if you game once in a while I suggest that you plug them directly coz the more chain in the link will usually result in worse sound.. as when I connect my can to klipsch they sound so bad..
If you want mic, you might wanna purchase a good headset can, like some beyers do sell their headset, which has headphone+mic. It is designed for some djs

Nov 13, 2002 at 6:56 AM Post #4 of 5
Well the TBSC has a headphone jack AND front/read speaker jack. Or are you suggesting that I shouldn't have my headphones on all the time? Is there some sort of switch which turns them on or off as they r plugged in? Or is it always on?

Nov 13, 2002 at 8:30 AM Post #5 of 5
the software the comes with the tbsc allows you to switch easily between the headphones and speakers. actually, my setup has my headphones plugged into my soundcard pretty much all the time. It isn't a big deal to switch between them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back