Where to go from Ie80?

1. greenkomodo1
    Been through so many headphones and I really love the Ie80. Sadly I lost my pair and now looking for the next step up or for something similar I don't know what sound signature they are but I have very sensitive ears to harshness and need a thick bass sound for rock. So yea whatever the Ie80 are.. Worth considering anything else?

2. JediMa70
    It depends on your budget, I would say Beyerdynamic DT770 80 oHm, but you should really read this topic https://www.head-fi.org/threads/headphones-for-metal-music-ultimate-solution.715478/

3. serman005
    As mentioned, we really need a budget. Also, if by harshness you mean up-tilted top end, sibilance, the state of being strident, then I would be a bit concerned that the DT770 might not be your cup of tea. Are you looking for another IEM or an over-ear?

4. greenkomodo1
    Looking for in ear and budget is around 150 £

5. pure5152
    How about the 1more triple driver?

Or, one of my personal favorites around that price range, the Yamaha eph100. It was the manager's favorite at a headphone store I went to in Japan, and it was astonishing for the price... comparing favorably to other IEMs costing $1000+ (not exaggerating, my friends and I were shocked).

If my andromedas were to break, I would get the Yamaha eph100 and be totally happy. But my andromedas haven't broke, so there we go :)

EDIT: here's also a great second opinion: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/crinacles-iem-ranking-list-222-entries-21-10-18-update.857498/. (Though I don't agree with his list entirely, as I really think the tia forte should be S, as it's definitely better than the andromeda.)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  6. serman005
    I like the IT01 for you maybe and it is well below budget. It has terrific bass, that is for sure. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It is possible it could work for you.

7. melons
    :triangular_flag_on_post:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  8. greenkomodo1
    Thanks guys.

The Yamaho and the IT01 are cheap as chips on ebay so worth trying. I will buy them and test them out and return them if I don't like.

Seems like the IE80 released a new version called IE80S which has no real differnece and they retail for a stupid price for £230, I can get an IE80 original edition for like £120 on ebay.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018 at 6:27 AM
  9. serman005
    Let us know how you like the ones you purchase.