Where to get UM56 eartips?
Oct 21, 2009 at 3:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

lmf22

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm considering getting some custom eartips for my Westone 3, if it isn't too expensive. How much do they cost, and where can I get it? Which audiologist is good in the Bay Area?

Oct 21, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 9
How much does the impression usually cost? I found several audiologists in my area through Westone's website. Do I order it from Earphone Solutions, then go get the impression from an audiologist? Or can I order it and do impression all at the same time from the audiologist?

Oct 21, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmf22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or can I order it and do impression all at the same time from the audiologist?

Yes, and this is probably the easiest way to get it done. Some audiologists include the cost of the ear impression in the cost of the earpieces, so see if they can give you an all-in price.

Oct 21, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmf22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much does the impression usually cost? I found several audiologists in my area through Westone's website. Do I order it from Earphone Solutions, then go get the impression from an audiologist? Or can I order it and do impression all at the same time from the audiologist?

Average price for impressions in New York City is $50, but I've read some people getting them for as low as $20-25 in other states. Unless you can get the impressions for $40 or less, I think it's cheaper to order the tips through your audiologist, rather than the cheapest site I'm aware of (westone UM56). Call around and find the best price audiologists will give you for the impression + tips combo.

Oct 21, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #7 of 9
That hot audiologist must have been worth at least $20.

-Nkk

Oct 22, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #9 of 9
$100 isn't that expensive for the impression and eartips. And I imagine the sound will be a lot better compared to the Comply foam tips?

There are at least 6 audiologists in near my city. Any recommendations in the Bay Area?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back