Where to get Koss foam pads for PortaPro/KSC-35?
Feb 25, 2006 at 8:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

doobooloo

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got a used PortaPro 2 and would like to replace the foam pads (a bit worn/oily/hairy). Where can I purchase them?

Thanks in advance!
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 8:41 AM Post #2 of 13
Woooo, I get to answer first!

If you go to Koss' website for the Portapro:
under "May we suggest" they have ear cushions listed for $5.

Or you can call them and ask: 1-800-USA-KOSS

Feb 26, 2006 at 5:45 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenchi211
I wish they had replacement foamies for my classic Porta Pro 2000 headphones. Man, those things are fragile, but they sound so good!

How do the PP2000's vary from the regular PP's?

Mar 3, 2006 at 8:43 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mektarus
How do the PP2000's vary from the regular PP's?

The Porta Pro 2000 compared to the Porta Pro plays a bit louder and I found the Bass to be a little tighter. They really were sweet sounding headphones. The main problem I have with them are that they are very fragile. They fold and are collapsible, but the drivers separate from the headband very easily. Also, the drivers are bigger than the ones on the porta pros and it's hard as heck to find the right sized replaceable ear cushions and Koss doesn't carry them anymore.

I will try to post a picture of them soon if anyone is interested in seeing them. I'm interested to know if anyone else here has these phones?

Mar 3, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #6 of 13
doobooloo
HI: Rat shack has them for under 5.00. oh they are better than the pads that came with the cans.

Mar 3, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #7 of 13
I took the foams off a KSC12... some junk-can that came OEM with my Son's yamaha digital drum pad kit. They are fluffy-er than the standard Koss ones.

Garrett

Mar 3, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by doobooloo
I just got a used PortaPro 2 and would like to replace the foam pads (a bit worn/oily/hairy). Where can I purchase them?

Thanks in advance!
biggrin.gif

These from RS fit the KSC35/75 perfectly.

Mar 3, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #9 of 13
when i get home i'll take a pic of my yellow VWAP pads on The Burninator, muahaha!

but yeah, those small pads from rat shack do the trick.

Mar 20, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #11 of 13
I own the "original" Portapro and bought some replacement pads from Koss last year. The current Koss replacement pads for the Portapro fit just fine on the original.

->Aro

Mar 20, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by aris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but what about us canuck who no longer have ratshacks.
the only i find are these

http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/pr...ine&tab=1#more

but no details on size
will go check them out today
hope they fit well

I'm afraid to say that those particular earpads are for earbuds, not headphones. These are your best bet for separate replacement earpads, although I have no idea if they'll fit on Koss' headphones. Haven't been to a Source for a very long time.
tongue.gif

Mar 20, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #13 of 13
You could just mail them back to Koss and they'll replace the pads for you? I did this with my PortaPros because the earpads as well as the temple pieces were falling apart, and I didn't know where to get replacements (especially the temple foam pieces).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back