Where to get Headphones Recabled in Austin Texas?
Jan 9, 2012 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Antic

New Head-Fier
Hey so I need to get some AKG K81's recabled at some point. Not being an experienced electrician or never having done any similar project i'd like to get someone to re cable these for me. Anyone know of a place local or is anyone in Austin that would be willing to take up this task for me?

Thanks!
Antic

Jan 9, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
If you can't do it yourself, don't bother. There new on Amazon for $48 delivered. Can't get a cable and labor for that. Maybe not even labor.

Thanks for the reply. So it's not a cheap fix? as in like $30 or under? Would it be benefitial if I had someone to help me with it and do it myself? How much would I be looking at for the cable alone?

Thanks!

Jan 9, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #5 of 6
It really depends on what they charge for labor and what wires you want to use. In general a job like that will run you anywhere from 20-60 in labor.

If you have some soldering skills and a iron, the materials will run you about $25.

Jan 9, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #6 of 6
I've done some re wiring and soldering when I put a Nintendo NES into a toaster chasis. My buddies really into electrical stuff and wiring so I bet he could help me out as long as I had a fairly nice tutorial to follow. I guess that may be the rout to go. The headphones cables are in perfect working order actually i'd just like to get better sound quality out of them and shorten them down a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back