Where to get headphone amp in Malaysia?
Nov 6, 2004 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

zenz

New Head-Fier
I am a newbie in headphone, thinking of getting a headphone amp to start my hobby. Anybody know where to get headphone amps in malaysia? What are the estimated price?

Nov 6, 2004 at 6:58 AM Post #2 of 12
I believe Norm over at Headsave will ship internationally. HeadRoom does, I believe Todd the Vinyl Junkie will, and I will as well.

Nov 6, 2004 at 7:11 AM Post #3 of 12
JMT, I would like to buy it internationally (in fact I did ask headsave about it) but worry about the tax imposed on the electronic products. Sometimes the import tax here could be crazy.

Nov 6, 2004 at 8:58 AM Post #5 of 12
Dude,I suggest going to Low Yat PLaza and go to the Edifier Showroom,they have some headphone amps.why not head to lowyat.net and we can tell u exactly where to go and what to do.Glad to see Malaysians into HEad-fi

Nov 6, 2004 at 12:13 PM Post #6 of 12
You can also check Meier Audio which makes great amps. They also sell cables and headphones. The prices include worldwide shipping and customer service is excellent.

Nov 6, 2004 at 1:32 PM Post #7 of 12
zenz,

Head-fiers are from all over. Do some searches in the forums and you will find discussions posted about which vendors ship internationally. You will also find lots of information about strategies for minimizing duties. Lots of head-fiers buy used equipment from each other in the for sale forums. Sellers will often indicate if they prefer to sell locally. (CONUS means continental U.S.)

[size=large] Selamat Datang[/size]
and sorry about your wallet!
wink.gif

Nov 6, 2004 at 3:46 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by knuxed
Dude,I suggest going to Low Yat PLaza and go to the Edifier Showroom,they have some headphone amps.why not head to lowyat.net and we can tell u exactly where to go and what to do.Glad to see Malaysians into HEad-fi

Hey knuxed, glad to meet you here (see you often in lowyat.net too
lambda.gif
). In fact, I've already asked the edifier fella, they said their amp is still out of stock, so no luck for now. I know one of the shop in ly is selling x-can v3 (hope I never spell it wrongly), but it's out of my budget and I heard it isn't that good.

Nov 6, 2004 at 4:57 PM Post #9 of 12
hehe arent we all at lowyat.Anyways you can always try lookin around,for me,i get my stuff online,what i try to do to not get taxed is to tell them to pack it as a gift,u neva get taxed that way

Nov 7, 2004 at 4:34 PM Post #12 of 12
Hey guys, thanks a lot really. Now at least I have some good idea of how to start with the purchase.

Buuurp, does tong lee sell budget headphone amp like those below rm500? I should have give them a visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back