where to get grado pads in canada?
Nov 1, 2002 at 2:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

NotoriousBIG_PJ

Step 1: Plug power cable into wall. Step 2: Plug other end of power cable into....umm.... Step 0.5: Order something to power with power cable.
Where can I buy the grado comfy pads in Canada?

Thanks,

Biggie.

Nov 1, 2002 at 4:18 AM Post #2 of 33
Heh...don't bother. Go to www.goodcans.com order them there...I think they cost me $12 Canadian shipped when I bought them last. Comfies I believe. They will be cheaper than ordering them from a hi-fi shop. At least that is how it is in Ottawa. You can get them from www.audioshop.on.ca but they last quoted me $40+tax. heh...whatever dude...for comfies?

Oh yeah, because they came in through canada post...not as a package, (1 pair) no tariffs.

Nov 1, 2002 at 9:37 PM Post #4 of 33
Thanks guys, I'll check it out. I want to mod them and see what kind of sound comes out of my rs-1's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Nov 1, 2002 at 10:55 PM Post #5 of 33
Get on the sennheiser usa site and try part# H-19545. These replacement pads for the old hd-414 work great. I use them on both my rs-2s and sr-225s. I PREFER THEM TO THE COMFYS, BOWL AND FLAT PADS. They only cosy $4.50 plus shipping. I havent tried to mod them, but you can cut a small hole just like with the comfys if you find them to dark.

Nov 2, 2002 at 1:13 AM Post #7 of 33
1) go to sennheiser usa site
2)look at the top and click on order
3)you will then see four options ,one being replacement parts, click there
4) under headphones look for older models,click there
5)look for headphone hd414 or hd414sl, click there
6)you will see earpad replacement H-19545 for $4.40
7)follow the purchase instructions

Nov 2, 2002 at 2:49 AM Post #8 of 33
Boo senn U.S.A. won't sell to Canada.
frown.gif

Egbert.

Nov 2, 2002 at 3:21 AM Post #9 of 33
Hey Big_PJ, you PM box is full.

After digging around today I finally found some store that sell the bowl & comfy pads. I got the bowl pad and i am listening to them now, wow do they sound bright. Even though the soundstage got bigger but it also sound really really bright.

Nov 3, 2002 at 3:17 AM Post #10 of 33
If anyone is planning on buying these senn pads, please help me get a pair as well. Just send a pm my way.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks,

Biggie.

Nov 7, 2002 at 10:10 PM Post #11 of 33
Nice, I've got some of those senn pads coming enventually. For now, I put my donut pads on backwards and the sound has improved. The highs have been tamed and bass is still rocking.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Nov 21, 2002 at 7:38 AM Post #12 of 33
I just got a few of the Sennheiser pads, and have been using them on the RS-1 and HP-1. To put it mildly, they work. Well. The Sennheiser pad has the same consistency as the Grado bowl pad. A hole in the center of the pad, so that it is clear of the driver is mandatory, IMO.

Nov 21, 2002 at 9:56 AM Post #13 of 33
(NOTE: There is another thread about using the Senn pads with Grados. I cut and pasted my comments from that thread below.)

I got the Sennheiser 19545 pads (HD-414 replacements) today and so far I'm very impressed. I'm compairing them to Grado Comfy pads because I hate the bowl pads and have never been fortunate enough to audition the original flat pads.

Anyone who's ever had an issue with Grado comfort needs a pair of these. They are waaaay more comfortable than the Grado comfies. They cover each ear like a warm blanket and pretty soon you forget you're wearing headphones.

My early impressions sound-wise are that they deliver a lot more impact than the comfies without any harshness. They make that Grado immediacy seem even more so. I started out with some remastered Oscar Peterson Trio. On Night Train, the bass line was more up front and the piano was crystal clear. I moved on to Santana's Moonflower. Santana in general begs for Grados. Even my beloved HD-600s can't do Santana the justice he gets from my 325s. Soul Sacrifice never sounded better! The highs soared, the drum solos thundered, everything was perfect.

For a mod that only costs $4.50 a pair, I don't see how you can go wrong. And yeah, you should see how wild my 325s look with these big-assed yellow pads on them.

grados.jpg

Nov 21, 2002 at 12:49 PM Post #14 of 33
Hirsch, glad you like like the pads. One comment though,I use the pads as is. I think the pads work better unmodded for me. I couldnt get the hole cut to my satisfaction and it compromised the comfort in my case. In any event this is a great mod for little money. I sent some to mcgino and BIG_PJ, so they may be posting comments soon as well. GET TWO PAIR WHEN YOU GET THEM FOLKS, you can compare the two and you have a spare if you mess one up.
redface.gif

Nov 21, 2002 at 1:38 PM Post #15 of 33
These have replaced the bowl pads on my RS-1 and HP-1. I've got a third pair that still doesn't have the hole cut. However, I did a quick listen and it seems to muffle the sound just a tad. I've got to work out a way to make my snipping a little less ragged, but I think these take the Grado's very close to the flat pad performance I heard when kerelybonto brought his HP-2's over to the meet last Saturday, if not equal. In fact, I think I'm hearing a greater difference than I did when rotating between bowl pads and genuine Grado flat pads. However, I suspect that part of this is that a meet is a bad place to make sonic judgements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back