Where to get A900's
Jun 17, 2004 at 6:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

strogg

100+ Head-Fier
The A900's look like a very good deal for me, wanting a good pair of closed headphones on the cheap, but the only place i can find it is at Audiocubes. I was wondering where else sells the headphones, hopefully for cheaper. Thanks.

Jun 17, 2004 at 6:45 AM Post #2 of 11
Put a WTB on the for sale fourms, or just wait for a pair to pop up. I got mine the first way
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 7:01 AM Post #3 of 11
i'll give it a shot. although, of course, i'd rather do it with a store or whatnot. Thanks.

Jun 17, 2004 at 3:03 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by strogg
i'll give it a shot. although, of course, i'd rather do it with a store or whatnot. Thanks.

Or you can support someone's upgrade habit, helping a fellow head-fi'er out and saving yourself $$$ in the process. On positive, tight-community boards like this I think it's unlikely that you'll get burned, if you research the seller.
Either way, enjoy your A900's and sell them to me (here, for a good price
tongue.gif
)when you upgrade!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 3:23 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by strogg

Most of Audio-Technica's headphone line, including the Art phones, are not sold in the US at all. So the only way to buy a new pair over here is through a retailer who imports them from Japan, and AudioCubes is just about the only option. (When I bought my pair, the package was shipped directly from Osaka.)

Jun 18, 2004 at 7:20 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzJackRabbit
Dixie Flatline
Did you have to pay customs? How does it work?

no customs. you simply pay the given price and they are on their way from osaka.

Jun 18, 2004 at 12:50 PM Post #8 of 11
Aydn
you simply pay the given price and they are on their way from osaka.
That's exactly why I asked - you have to pay customs if you buy something from overseas. They ship from osaka, how come you don't have to pay customs?

Jun 18, 2004 at 1:14 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzJackRabbit
Dixie Flatline
Did you have to pay customs? How does it work?

I didn't have to pay any Customs duties -- I think the A900 is well below the threshold for US import duties anyway, but AC sent the package with "GIFT" written in large letters on the outside, and the customs declaration showed a declared value of $50. So it should go right through Customs without any problems. (They're very quick -- my package shipped from Osaka on Monday night and was delivered in Virginia on Wednesday afternoon.)

Jun 18, 2004 at 6:41 PM Post #11 of 11
Dixie Flatline
I didn't have to pay any Customs duties -- I think the A900 is well below the threshold for US import duties anyway, but AC sent the package with "GIFT" written in large letters on the outside, and the customs declaration showed a declared value of $50. So it should go right through Customs without any problems. (They're very quick -- my package shipped from Osaka on Monday night and was delivered in Virginia on Wednesday afternoon.)
Thanks for the detailed info. I'll feel much safer if I ever have to buy anything from audiocubes.

BTW AFAIK the customs treshhold is somewhere in the $100ish region so it's funny to see at what length audiocubes have gone to avoid customs - they declared a $50 value AND wrote a "gift" on the package...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back