Where to get a PCI-Express NIC?
Feb 16, 2005 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jefemeister

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anyone have a source for PCI-Express network cards? I am having a very hard time finding one. I don't even really care about price at this point because my company is buying and I'm getting frustrated.

I got a new micro-desktop computer at work which only has 1 PCI slot and 1 PCI-e 16x slot. My Audio Precision takes up the PCI. I need to install a NIC to do file i/o with a development board over a crossover cable. I can not use the internal NIC or a hub because I need the network and I am not allowed to put the devlopment board's IP on the network. Although PCI 2.2 is supposedly size/pin compatable with PCI-e, the IBM folks seemed to ignore that possibility on my box.

I actually need to buy 3 of these things. Thanks for any help.

Jul 19, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #4 of 6
Hi everyone,

We recently got a tvs-1582tu NAS with 2 SFP+ 10G connections. It will be used for a high throughput application, and copper connections will be enough.

SFP+ is a new concept for me, and I see from online discussions that I should be careful with compatibility. In that regards, I have two questions:

1. For test purposes, we would like to attach a PC with 10Gig RJ45 port to our NAS with SFP+ port. The simplest solution looks like to buy a RJ45-SFP+ transceiver.

However, compatibility list in QNAP website for our NAS is rather limited for transceivers and does not include any related option. We are thinking to buy Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR SFP+ Transceiver for MMF 10G Module(DOM, 850nm, 300m) which is a chinese company which has own factory and R & D team. MODULES from china also cheaper.

Do you think will it work. Can you suggest a one that you tried ?

Jul 19, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #5 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back