1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

    Dismiss Notice

Where to get a K1000?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by 003, Jul 4, 2006.
First
 
Back
1
  1. rshdhead
    Is it K1000 more like a mini speakers than HP based on its size and power required to drive it ? Is it one of important reasons discontinued ? If GS-1000 can survive or even succeed, then something(s) was serious wrong in K1000 design any way regardless its sound quality. I am sure Grado tested K1000 just as much as any other highend phones.
     
  2. 003
    The GS1000 is overpriced and with the right amp (and some wrong ones) the K1000 has superior sound quality. It was discontinued because it was to expensive to make and there were not enough sales.
     
  3. Meyvn
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rshdhead
    Is it K1000 more like a mini speakers than HP based on its size and power required to drive it ? Is it one of important reasons discontinued ? If GS-1000 can survive or even succeed, then something(s) was serious wrong in K1000 design any way regardless its sound quality. I am sure Grado tested K1000 just as much as any other highend phones.



    This is just flawed logic. "You shouldn't want these headphones regardless of their sound quality, since they were discontinued." Never, EVER let a product's popularity dictate its value to YOU. MOST high end products are not very profitable, in reality. Most of the best headphones made have been discontinued. The HE90, the SR-Omega, the MDR-R10, K1000, ATH-L3000. Just because a product is not profitable to its maker does not mean it's not worthwhile. Also, what do you mean by 'I am sure Grado tested K1000 just as much as any other high end phones'? Grado couldn't make the K1000 anyway. They were another company's product. Plus, John Grado decides what he likes subjectively and makes that product. Just because John Grado feels the GS1000 SHOULD be made doesn't mean that the K1000 shouldn't, even if other people want to hear them. The reason the K1000 was discontinued was that it simply was not as profitable or as practical as their current line, not because something was "wrong" with them.
     
  4. robm321
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by 003
    The GS1000 is overpriced and with the right amp (and some wrong ones) the K1000 has superior sound quality. It was discontinued because it was to expensive to make and there were not enough sales.



    I disagree - there isn't a phone under $1K that comes close to what the GS-1000 can do... well except the K1000, but it retailed at $1,295 which is about how much better it is then the GS-1000 at $1K. Prices do correlate with my opinion of the two. [​IMG]
     
  5. rshdhead
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Meyvn
    This is just flawed logic. "You shouldn't want these headphones regardless of their sound quality, since they were discontinued." Never, EVER let a product's popularity dictate its value to YOU. MOST high end products are not very profitable, in reality. Most of the best headphones made have been discontinued. The HE90, the SR-Omega, the MDR-R10, K1000, ATH-L3000. Just because a product is not profitable to its maker does not mean it's not worthwhile. Also, what do you mean by 'I am sure Grado tested K1000 just as much as any other high end phones'? Grado couldn't make the K1000 anyway. They were another company's product. Plus, John Grado decides what he likes subjectively and makes that product. Just because John Grado feels the GS1000 SHOULD be made doesn't mean that the K1000 shouldn't, even if other people want to hear them. The reason the K1000 was discontinued was that it simply was not as profitable or as practical as their current line, not because something was "wrong" with them.



    Either "not practical" or "not profitable or whatever reasons, there is no bussiness purpose to continue production. That is more wrong than sound quality. I believe there are a few designers, at least more than K1000 designers, can make HP with superior sound quality equal to or better than K1000 subjectively and objectively. Again, the question is the overall cost. I am not saying GS1000 is better or worse than K1000 because I dont know. But if $1000 phone requires a very uncommon and expensive amp to drive., than its fate is clear. Human ears is not like signal analyzers which can show you very little difference everytime regardless you are tired or not.
     
  6. 003
  7. davidgao007
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by 003
    Hey guys, do you know of any places that still have any K1000s still in stock and will ship to the USA? Thanks.



    I know there a few new K1000 in China - I just bought a K1000 a month ago. you can search the taobao for it. but I'm not sure if it can be shipped to USA. and of course you must can read and write Chinese.
     
  8. Kalidor
    Hi David.. I can read and write Chinese.. but what exactly is the taobao that you mentioned in your post??
     
  9. davidgao007
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Kalidor
    Hi David.. I can read and write Chinese.. but what exactly is the taobao that you mentioned in your post??



    http://www.taobao.com , search K1000. You MUST first ask the seller if he/she really has K1000 before payment, and it MUST support ZhiFuBao(支付宝, like buysafe in ebay).
     
  10. Kalidor
    I read that for ZhiFuBao that the seller will only get paid if the seller is happy with the products?? how does this work??

    OK.. stupid question here.. do they accept paypal or something like that??

    The prices for some of those K1000 quite reasonable actually..

    I assume that that is like some sort of ebay auction site in China??
     
  11. Meyvn
  12. tyloh73
    Alwayswantmore,

    thanx for the info,will order tomorrow.

    yes,mine is hardwire version.there is small loss of details,but still it's the one of the most detail headphone i've ever heard.the problem is after the cable installed,the high is not in your face as it used to.(actually,it's more natural,but I happen to like the forward high)

    My SN# is 11645(one of the last few pairs sold by djmart).

    be careful if you wanna buy from china,there are just way too many people got burn.if you read chinese,go to headphoneclub.com,erji.com and jb-bbs.com.and you will see alot of people got burn trying to buy there.
     
  13. davidgao007
    to Kalidor :your money is not paid to seller directly, the taobao company will receive your payment , and the seller will send the goods to you. after you receive the product and are happy with it, you must notify toabao, then taobao will transfer your money to seller. as far as know, taobao does not accept paypal.
    to Meyvn: this "K1000" is a joke, leave it along.
    to tyloh73: I'm member of both headphoneclub.com and erji.net/erji.com, nowadays the K1000 is very hot, nobody wants to sell K1000 now.
     
  14. Alwayswantmore
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by tyloh73
    Alwayswantmore,

    thanx for the info,will order tomorrow.




    Unless you have experience with the grills, I recommend you send your phones to AKG in Nashville and let them do the install. Good luck.
     
  15. Meyvn
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rshdhead
    Either "not practical" or "not profitable or whatever reasons, there is no bussiness purpose to continue production. That is more wrong than sound quality. I believe there are a few designers, at least more than K1000 designers, can make HP with superior sound quality equal to or better than K1000 subjectively and objectively. Again, the question is the overall cost. I am not saying GS1000 is better or worse than K1000 because I dont know. But if $1000 phone requires a very uncommon and expensive amp to drive., than its fate is clear. Human ears is not like signal analyzers which can show you very little difference everytime regardless you are tired or not.



    I would not call $30 on Thinkgeek/Amazon either uncommon or expensive. Either way, you are right, though; the K1000's fate was made clear when its production was discontinued--twice.
     
First
 
Back
1

Share This Page