Where to find a good 3.5mm male-to-female audio extension cable?
Sep 17, 2017 at 1:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MusicFi

Head-Fier
I have this old audio extension cable that I bought from ebay a long time ago. It seems to work fine with earphone connectors that have two bands (the circular rings). With three rings (earphones with mic have these), it has a hard time finding a proper connection, audio keeps cutting out. So, I ordered the "amazon basics" audio extension that also has the three rings to work better with my earphones. It had great reviews, but the audio quality is pretty crap. The extension cable is adding some type of bass to the audio and the clarity is gone compared to when I connect the earphones directly.

So, I'm really confused about what to do now. Should I order a random cable from AliExpress and try my luck. I need a cable that's about 3.5 meters / 12 feet mainly for connecting to my PC. It has to keep the audio like original, without degrading sound quality or volume. Also, I'm based in India.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #3 of 4
Amazon basics is usually pretty cheap quality. Honestly any other brand should be fine, just look for good reviews.

I'd go with this
Mediabridge 3.5mm Male To Male Right Angle Stereo Audio Cable (12 Feet) - 90° Connector For Flush Connections - Step Down Design for Smartphone, Tablet & MP3 Cases - (Part# MPC-35RA-12 ) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OV41ZJG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_-zRWzbF3CZ2V3

Sep 21, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #4 of 4
Amazon basics is usually pretty cheap quality. Honestly any other brand should be fine, just look for good reviews.

I'd go with this
Mediabridge 3.5mm Male To Male Right Angle Stereo Audio Cable (12 Feet) - 90° Connector For Flush Connections - Step Down Design for Smartphone, Tablet & MP3 Cases - (Part# MPC-35RA-12 ) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OV41ZJG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_-zRWzbF3CZ2V3
Unfortunately, they don't ship to my location in India. Do you have any other options maybe from AliExpress?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back