Where to download latest lame executable?
Nov 11, 2002 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Gergor

1000+ Head-Fier
Is 3.92 the latest version?

I found out where the source code is, but I cannot find the executable.

I latest executable I can find is 3.90.2...

Could anyone tell me where I can download the latest executable?

Nov 12, 2002 at 6:09 PM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by SumB
This is what you're looking for.

Thank a lot!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 15, 2002 at 7:59 PM Post #8 of 20
Downloaded LAME from the mentioned link. Extracted all files into a LAME folder in C:/program files. Double-clicked on «lame.exe», also tried to open the .bat files... nothing but a short flashing of a DOS window.

I have no idea how to install/use LAME. Anyone can give me some advice?

From the readme file:
see the file "INSTALL" for installation (compiling) instructions.
see the file "HACKING" if you are interested in working on LAME
see the file "API" for details of the LAME encoding library API

There are no such files...

Nov 15, 2002 at 9:21 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by jessica00
use razorlame as a front end.

What's that? A Windows program to launch LAME?

Nov 15, 2002 at 9:59 PM Post #12 of 20
I've found RazorLame. All seemed to work well, but then «lame.exe» is reported to be missing. (Indeed it wasn't there.) So I copied it from the LAME download into the RazorLame directory. Finally the encoding happened, setting: high quality, 320 kb/s. But the audition showed a slight, but clear treble enhancement in comparison to the original wave file. While the same track encoded by Electronic Cosmo's MPEG Suite (Fraunhofer-adapted codec) sounded identical to the wave file.

Edit:

It's Winamp's fault! With it, wave files sound duller than MP3s. Weird... never noticed that before. I tested the files with the mplayer, and all 3 sounded identically. (The one I thought to be an MPEG-Suite encoded MP3 was the wave file again, before; the actual MP3 file sounds identical to the LAME encoded one.)

Nov 16, 2002 at 10:32 AM Post #14 of 20
Winamp is already set to wave out; but a different setting doesn't change anything: wave is slightly duller than MP3.

Nov 17, 2002 at 2:50 PM Post #15 of 20
http://www.cdex.n3.net/

from the .pdf:
"CDex needs ASPI drivers to work properly; you should have installed this on your system, because otherwise you cannot use the extracting of CD-ROM tracks. Installing CDex (when you downloaded the ZIP file) is straightforward and easy. In order to install CDex, open the file Zip file with a utility like WinZipand extract the file to a directory you like (e.g. c:\Program File\CDex). Once extracted, close WinZip, open a Windows Explorer window and select the directory where CDex is installed. Just double click on the CDex.exe file, that' s all. Optionally you can create a shortcut to CDex, make sure though that you set "Start In" field to the directory where you have installed CDex. Even easier is the installation from the CDexSetup.exe file. Just double click on the CDexSetup.exe file, and the setup wizard will guide you through the installation process."

if you're using Nero, insert your NERO cd into the cdrom, right click and search for w?aspi32.dll. copy this file to the correct directory (c:\windows\system for w9x and c:\winnt\system32). for nt/2k/xp, the file should be wnaspi32.dll.

i don't know if any other burner software has this file, but it pays to check.

that's it.

double click the CDex icon, setup parameters, and convert away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back