Where to check out: NYC
Nov 11, 2008 at 2:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

worminater

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all.

I am heading to NYC for the first time in a few weeks; and looking for places to check out. Anyone have any recommendations? I am not sure where to post this, but I specifically am looking for a USB Dac for my work PC's (linux and win), and it would be nice to just "walk in" (else I will be ordering an iBasso d2 methinks). Anyplace I can demo some nice cans to convince me to start upgrading would be good though.

Any recommendations appreciated.
darthsmile.gif
happy_face1.gif

Thanks,
Chris

Nov 11, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #3 of 4
I'm fully open for suggestions on what to do there honestly; i assume theres a nice hifi shop or two I can pick up say a nice reconditioned marantz 1080, or anything like that. Hard to find the cool stuff like that form tourist guides.

-Chris

Nov 12, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #4 of 4
they don't have headphones, but my favorite hi fi shop is a tiny little place down in the East Village called In Living Stereo.

I bought my speakers from them... they have a couple of fantastic listening rooms, and they're pretty generous with their time and knowledge.

if you do a search in the Member's Lounge, you'll probably find a few threads that have more of what you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back