Where to buy..
Jul 20, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #4 of 11
ya I think radioshack is your best bet. My local Walmart and Bestbuy don't have a lot of cables, but RadioShack is good about that. Try there first.

Jul 20, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #5 of 11
About $5 at radioShack, grey cable, 12" long, i use it all the time.
I put the fancy cables away, and really the RadioShack one sounds just as good, and its longer and flexable and i can route it in my bag.
I have all the cables in my profile.

Jul 20, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #6 of 11
hm, thanks, i was thinking about radioshack too. the difference between the cable at radioshack and buying it a headroom mini to mini is only about $15.. wondering if i should just get it online instead?

is there even a noticeable difference?

Jul 20, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by afobisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hm, thanks, i was thinking about radioshack too. the difference between the cable at radioshack and buying it a headroom mini to mini is only about $15.. wondering if i should just get it online instead?

If we're just talking about the generic mini cable terminated w/ 1/8" pins on either end the right angle pins on the headroom cable helps if you have an input not exactly on the front or back of the amp. I guess it depends on how much of an inconvience using straight pins is going to be. I haven't seen any non-straight pin terminated cables in the usual stores(RS,BestBuy,Target, etc...)

Jul 20, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by afobisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif

did you factor-in shipping?

Jul 20, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #9 of 11
yeah i did, it was 10 bucks.. so $20 total.

i just got the mini to mini at radio shack... it's 3 feet long though, way too long for my amp. at least i have a working amp again though.

it cost me almost $7.. not even sure if that was worth it. these things are so damn expensive. it probably costs less than 50 cents to make these cables.

Jul 20, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #11 of 11
Radioshack sells a 12" one for around $5, i didnt mean a 3 foot one. :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back