Where is a good place to buy Stax?
rolleyes.gif

Jun 12, 2004 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 10
Jun 12, 2004 at 6:43 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by lextek
rolleyes.gif

If you are willing to pay approx 10% more than eifl or AudioCubes, you can buy from U.S. Dealer who will have the "official" U.S. market products set for 120 volts (no adapter needed as with the 100 volt Japanese home market units), and with a two year warrantee vs 1 year. Best of all, they will be serviced here in the U.S. as opposed to having to send back to Japan.

All those benefits combined were easily worth the 10% to me.

The dealer is in LA area, and does mostly pro sales to studios and such.

Contact Morgan at MerlionProducts@aol.com

Morgan was very professional and friendly to deal with, and carries the complete Stax line.

Note: I have no affiliation with these people, just a very satisfied customer.

Jun 12, 2004 at 7:25 PM Post #5 of 10
Keep an eye on the Head-Fi equipment sales forums. They come up more often than you would think. The new wears off everything pretty quickly here.

BW

Jun 12, 2004 at 8:50 PM Post #6 of 10
Koji at EIFL sells 117V units, so no need to worry about a transformer. You'll have to send it back to Japan if you need warranty service, however.

- Chris

Jun 12, 2004 at 9:11 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

It seems all roads lead to Stax so why fight it?

Ever since I got used to the Stax I got addicted and I cannot go back to dynamics anymore. I actually can get no pleasure equal to that the stax offer me with no other system i have heard so far. It is something you have to hear to believe. I think my Staxes can keep me happy for a long long time unless I get ideas about buying omegas and selling mine. (I hope not)

Jun 13, 2004 at 2:34 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by lextek
rolleyes.gif

In Germany. Not because we'd get nice prices (it's more like the opposite), but because the Omega II plus both the tube and the solid state amp for it are also available in black over here. Which leads me to the conclusion that we must have some strong German Stax Mafia.
wink.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Aug 6, 2005 at 8:04 PM Post #10 of 10
I'm having the same problem. I want a local dealer however (WA area), to listen to the Stax before I buy; I wont buy from a local dealer unless it's cheaper than audiocubes which is the cheapest I've found so far for the SR-001 MKII's.

Any recommendations for a local WA dealer so I can try them out?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back