Where to buy Schitt Lyr for best price ?
Feb 28, 2013 at 7:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Flisker

500+ Head-Fier
Hi head-fiers,

I am thinking about getting myself Schiit Lyr, but somehow can't find it anywhere for better price than 449$. Also I really need seller to be willing mark it some low value like 50$ in customs form, because paying taxes in CZ from 450$ is absurd.

Do you know about some nice place to get Lyr for better price or is 450$ +- best I can find ?

Thanks in advance.

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #2 of 12
No reputable retailer will falsify customs documents.  If it were to get damaged during shipping, how would they be able to reconcile the customs value versus the insured value?

You'll probably want to buy a used Lyr, then.  As far as I know, all retailers of Schiit products sell at the same price.

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #3 of 12
Yea I know that's risk but tax here is 20% from value of product + shipping so when I get Lyr from Jason it's gonna be at least 600$ which is crazy. Plus when it's under 50$ it arrives in week or max two.. now when I ordered Magni and Modi officialy it took over 3 weeks and I had to fill and send addition forms and schiit + tax. Definitely not going thru this stuff again. 

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #4 of 12
You can get a B-stock lyr directly from Schiit for $399 + shipping and whatever additional fees you might incur from customs.

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:
You can get a B-stock lyr directly from Schiit for $399 + shipping and whatever additional fees you might incur from customs.

Do I have to contact Schiit directly for the B-Stocks? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the website...

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #7 of 12
They are the returns back to Schiit within the 15 day period.
I spoke to Jason regarding the B-stock ones and he mentioned they are inspected before being shipped out and come with the full 5 year warranty..which is why i opted B-stock over a used one on the for sale forum.

Both my Bifrost and Lyr are B-stock from Schiit and i honestly wouldn't even know they're second hand as they come in the Schiit box with all the accessories looking brand new. 

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Do I have to contact Schiit directly for the B-Stocks? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the website...

Send them an email and they'll let you know the price with shipping. 

Feb 28, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #9 of 12
Thanks for the tip. Sent them an Email. I was originally going to get it new from an authorized Canadian retailer but they're currently out of stock. A B-stock Lyr at that price + taxes + customs should come out to nearly the same price retail here for new, but as long as it's in like new condition I don't mind getting the B-stock as I'd get it faster.

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #10 of 12
And... within half a day it is all deal and done. 
smily_headphones1.gif
 Jason responded extremely quickly and sent me a quote, couldn't have been any easier. Looking forward to trying the Lyr!

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:
And... within half a day it is all deal and done. 
smily_headphones1.gif
 Jason responded extremely quickly and sent me a quote, couldn't have been any easier. Looking forward to trying the Lyr!

Awesome! His responses were very quick and informative.

Just remember that we may get hit with Canadian customs...i was dinged $60 at the door. 

Mar 1, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #12 of 12
You'll never go wrong dealing with Jason and team; enjoy your Schitt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back