where to buy koss ksc35?
Aug 11, 2002 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

taoster

Headphoneus Supremus
Looks like the ksc35 is running out FAST! other than the new stock on ebay where else might i be able to obtain one?

ps: should i just settle for a sporta pro!

Aug 11, 2002 at 4:42 AM Post #3 of 29
you know, I have the same question. I just noticed: headroom doesn't have them anymore! And mrtibbs has been out for a week or so. . .

when ebay runs out, I don't know what I'll do! I have 2 pairs now. . . but what about my children in 20 years? GAH!
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2002 at 4:55 AM Post #5 of 29
mad.gif

and i am yet to try them.. getting them shipped to australia is expensive and worse, its running out. im just going to have to settle for the sportapro..
frown.gif

Aug 11, 2002 at 8:48 PM Post #6 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by taoster
mad.gif

and i am yet to try them.. getting them shipped to australia is expensive and worse, its running out. im just going to have to settle for the sportapro..
frown.gif

Don't settle for the SportaPro!!! Take the PORTAPRO - THEY ARE WELL WORTH the difference in price. I have them both and find the Portas much better in sound quality - better defined highs, less boomy lows, better sound altogether.

Aug 11, 2002 at 11:57 PM Post #8 of 29
if you can't get your hands on the 35's, you might wanna try the 55's ....i think they're just as good and they don't slip off, etc....i personally prefer the ear clip vs. headband....that's why i'm trying to get the 35's....

Aug 12, 2002 at 3:46 AM Post #9 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by ahdy2000
if you can't get your hands on the 35's, you might wanna try the 55's ....i think they're just as good and they don't slip off, etc....

There are two problems with the KSC-55. The first is that they just don't sound as good as the 35. The second is that they're the most uncomfortable headphones on the planet
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 12, 2002 at 4:14 AM Post #10 of 29
I agree with Archaos--Portapros are great. I have the 35s also & they sit in a drawer collecting dust--no one in the family likes them as much as the portapros. Primarily, they are a pain to put on for a number of people. In addition, Koss recently had a 1/2 price sale on portapros, making them cheaper than the 35s-- I purchased 3 to keep the others in the fam away from my pair. I know I'm in the minority here, but I still maintain that the 35s were designed for average sized ears, and many who are not average have to work too hard to get the 35s on comfortably. I, for one, will not lament the demise of the 35s.

Aug 12, 2002 at 1:41 PM Post #12 of 29
They are very portable, although, of course, not as small as the 35s. The ear pieces fold up & the head band slides to make them as portable as can be for cans that fit over the head.

Aug 12, 2002 at 10:54 PM Post #13 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by Gus B
I agree with Archaos--Portapros are great. I have the 35s also & they sit in a drawer collecting dust--no one in the family likes them as much as the portapros. Primarily, they are a pain to put on for a number of people. In addition, Koss recently had a 1/2 price sale on portapros, making them cheaper than the 35s-- I purchased 3 to keep the others in the fam away from my pair. I know I'm in the minority here, but I still maintain that the 35s were designed for average sized ears, and many who are not average have to work too hard to get the 35s on comfortably. I, for one, will not lament the demise of the 35s.

Hi Gus and Everybody
I was going to buy the KSC-35, although I have the PortaPros, only because I thought/understood from people here that they have a *BETTER* sound than the Portas ...Unfortunately I have no possibility to hear them myself so I have to make my mind based on other's oppinions - people's oppinions here, which I trust (I know personal taste is also involved and take this into consideration). I understand that you personally like the portas better - from AB comparission. Are there any Head-Fiers who HAVE or SERIOUSLY LISTENED to them BOTH would like to give their oppinions too? The issue is BETTER SOUND ONLY, not price. Thanks

Quote:

They are very portable, although, of course, not as small as the 35s. The ear pieces fold up & the head band slides to make them as portable as can be for cans that fit over the head.

edit: to andrejpw - 100% agree to Gusb's quote above.

Aug 12, 2002 at 11:28 PM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by ArChaos
I was going to buy the KSC-35, although I have the PortaPros, only because I thought/understood from people here that they have a *BETTER* sound than the Portas ...Unfortunately I have no possibility to hear them myself so I have to make my mind based on other's oppinions - people's oppinions here, which I trust (I know personal taste is also involved and take this into consideration). I understand that you personally like the portas better - from AB comparission. Are there any Head-Fiers who HAVE or SERIOUSLY LISTENED to them BOTH would like to give their oppinions too? The issue is BETTER SOUND ONLY, not price. Thanks

Yes, quite a few, in fact. I put the KSC-35 sound clearly above that of the PortaPro. The bass on the PortaPro is a bit boomier and emphasized compared to the KSC-35. IMO, out of the entire KSC/Porta/Sporta line, the KSC-35 has the best tonal balance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back