Where to buy import CD's
Jul 30, 2002 at 6:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Mr.PD

Lives to Take It Outside.
I have been looking to update my AC/DC collection. There are quite a few Australian only releases. Where would be the best place to get those?
I really want the Australia version of High Voltage.

Jul 30, 2002 at 9:02 AM Post #2 of 14
cdnow.com often has imports.
If I were on a mission, I would ask some of the Aussie posters here to hunt some titles down.
I am an import freak too! I like the fact that most imports have extra tracks.
luck to you!
md

Jul 30, 2002 at 6:01 PM Post #6 of 14
cduniverse has served me well in the past also.

Jul 30, 2002 at 8:31 PM Post #7 of 14
I suppose I am impatient. I checked out the sites you all listed. Then I went searching. I found this place import cds They had 3 of the CD's I was looking for at a much better price. Like $20 each versus $30 each. So I took a chance and ordered 2 from them. I ordered AC/DC High Voltage exclusive Australian release and Stiff Upper Lip +9 Australian release.
I hope this company is what they say they are.
I also found another site 101cd.com that looks interesting.

Jul 30, 2002 at 8:57 PM Post #8 of 14
Tower Records usually has a good selection of imports. I have never found them to be the best price but they often have things that you can not find elsewhere. If you really want it what's a couple of dollars?

Aug 4, 2002 at 5:39 AM Post #11 of 14
Other Music has a more pertinent selection of imports than Tower, in my experience. Just picked up Thomas Koner's _Unerforschtes Gebiet_ there, a picture 12" that was pressed in the Netherlands and limited to 700 copies (mine is #256). They also had Kit Clayton's "Indopepsychics" on Japanese white vinyl in a silver sleeve (Progressive Forms label), Denzel and Huhn's _Filet_ from city centre offices (German label, limited edition) and all three CDs from Gruppo di Improvvisazione Nuova Consonanza -- each from a different small label and none from the States (Ampere, Dago Red and ed. RZ).

Aug 5, 2002 at 11:47 PM Post #12 of 14
Just a quick update on Import Cds. I recieved one of the two I ordered last Saturday. It was used, the site didn't specify that these were used or new. I was wondering what happened to the other cd. Then Sunday I got an email from them stating they had shipped one and the other was on backorder. I little late on the email notifaction. The cd I got was in excellent condition and I am not upset that it is used.

Aug 11, 2002 at 7:41 AM Post #13 of 14
On 08/10 I received the other CD that I ordered from Import CD. This one appears to be new. Again, I got an e-mail fom them stating that they had shipped the CD on the same day that I received the CD. I find it comical that they wait a few days to e-mail, and the product actually arrived before the e-mail.
Overall, I am happy with Import CD. A little slow but okay.

Aug 11, 2002 at 9:53 PM Post #14 of 14
I've used www.secondsounds.com several times. This is a used CD store in England. prices are good. All CDs I've ordered have been in like new condition. Service is prompt and courteous.

markl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back