Where to buy Etymotic ER6i filters?
Mar 19, 2006 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

EscaBoi

100+ Head-Fier
i need some ER6i filters, but shipped to Canada. the problem with the purchasing them from Etymotic is they only ship with UPS so that's $10 plus the crazy brokage fees.

is there any other place to purchase the filters?? i checked eBay, but the filters have the white centre...are they the same as the green centres?
...geez i just got these and now i gotta spend another $20 (it seems) on filters
mad.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #2 of 17
i believe cpused.com have ety accessories. I'm not sure though so you might want to give them a call.

Mar 19, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by sxr71
http://www.discountheadphones.com/

these are the same people i was referring to on ebay, the filters look different but i'm guessing they are ok then.

i'll call cpused and ask them their prices, if it's too much then i'll get them from the other one, unless i get more suggestions

Mar 19, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by EscaBoi
these are the same people i was referring to on ebay, the filters look different but i'm guessing they are ok then.

i'll call cpused and ask them their prices, if it's too much then i'll get them from the other one, unless i get more suggestions

I;m sure if idealsound/discountheadphones says it's for the ER-6i then it is the right filter. They have always been shipping via USPS Priority throughout the 2 years I've been ordering from them.

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:00 AM Post #7 of 17
The ones from discountheadphones.com look like they are generic ones or something.
blink.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #8 of 17
Uh, just to clarify here, but the ER-4s/p, ER-6, and ER-6i all use different filters. The (green) ER-4s/p filters will not work with the ER-6 or ER-6i--so I'd personally be more worried if the ER-6i filters did have green centers.
biggrin.gif

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 5:12 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by angler31337
Uh, just to clarify here, but the ER-4s/p, ER-6, and ER-6i all use different filters. The (green) ER-4s/p filters will not work with the ER-6 or ER-6i--so I'd personally be more worried if the ER-6i filters did have green centers.
biggrin.gif

-Angler
etysmile.gif

i dunno i just got my ER6i's on Friday shipped from another head-fier that's why i thought they were suppose to be Green centered. i didn't get a manual either so i wasn't sure of anything since it's my first pair.
ok then i think i will get them from discountheadphones if that local Toronto dealer doesn't have them
thanks for everyones help

edit: i've read about some people who've said that Etymotic sends them free filters, foamies and triflanges...how would i go about trying to get these freebies as well
etysmile.gif
all they said was email them, but what exactly are you suppose to say?? i have the biflanges, but i wanna try the triflanges too

Mar 19, 2006 at 6:15 AM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

edit: i've read about some people who've said that Etymotic sends them free filters, foamies and triflanges...how would i go about trying to get these freebies as well
etysmile.gif
all they said was email them, but what exactly are you suppose to say?? i have the biflanges, but i wanna try the triflanges too

The people at etymotic are quite friendly. I'd just call them if I were you. Tell them that you want to try some different tips but don't want to buy 20+ pairs in the process.

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by angler31337
The people at etymotic are quite friendly. I'd just call them if I were you. Tell them that you want to try some different tips but don't want to buy 20+ pairs in the process.

-Angler
etysmile.gif

confused.gif
ummm would that really work?? and i'm thinking the second thing is, they'll probably ship it through UPS so basically in the end i'll have to pay brokage fees anyway and they'll be thinking "HA-HA that cheap ass is still going to pay for those ear-tips...THROUGH BROKAGE FEES!!! muhahahah"
plainface.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

confused.gif
ummm would that really work?? and i'm thinking the second thing is, they'll probably ship it through UPS so basically in the end i'll have to pay brokage fees anyway and they'll be thinking "HA-HA that cheap ass is still going to pay for those ear-tips...THROUGH BROKAGE FEES!!! muhahahah"
plainface.gif

I've never had to ship anything to or from etymotic directly, so I don't know how they handle that. With regard to your latter concern, I think you'll find them more than happy to let you try out some sample tips--they make money when you continue to buy and use their (generally expensive) products, not by gauging you on shipping or forcing you to buy a mere $20's worth of useless tips.
biggrin.gif

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 5:45 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

confused.gif
plainface.gif

I live in Toronto as well and I had etymotic send me a set of sample tips. I didn't have to pay any sort of brokage fees. I'm not sure what they used though because I wasn't the one who received it.

Mar 20, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #15 of 17
ok thanks for help everyone, i'll give Etymotic a call/email and plead my case,
tongue.gif
if that doesn't work then i'll call CPUSED and if it's too expensive i'll go with iDealsound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back