Where to buy compact flash and batteries for my Canon S45?
Jan 17, 2004 at 7:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

DanG

Headphoneus Supremus
I got a Canon S45 digital camera before I left for Israel which came with a little 32MB compact flash card and a single battery. I need to get a backup battery or two, a 256+MB CF card and hopefully a nice CF/CF2/Microdrive reader but I'm having difficulty finding a (relatively) cheap and reputable place to buy from that will ship to Israel! Can anybody help? Does it make more sense to have the stuff sent home and for my folks to ship it?'

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jan 17, 2004 at 11:15 PM Post #4 of 10
Í got that camera too...

I know bhphoto.com is a great place (I got 3 cameras from them
biggrin.gif
) and they ship intl too.

Shipping to Israel is about $25. Dont now if that sheep.

Jan 18, 2004 at 12:38 AM Post #5 of 10
Hm I got that camera too actually :) , and I was surprised to see how expensive the battery was .
I only have one though , hope to buy a backup sometime as well .

Are you guys happy with the battery life on the cam ?

Jan 18, 2004 at 12:59 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by DanG
I got a Canon S45 digital camera before I left for Israel which came with a little 32MB compact flash card and a single battery. I need to get a backup battery or two, a 256+MB CF card and hopefully a nice CF/CF2/Microdrive reader but I'm having difficulty finding a (relatively) cheap and reputable place to buy from that will ship to Israel! Can anybody help? Does it make more sense to have the stuff sent home and for my folks to ship it?'

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dan,

I've recently (before the holidays) bought the S45. Amazon.com had really great prices on both the authentic Canon battery $49 (you've got warranty concerns using others) and a SanDisk 256mb card $79 after $20 rebate. (Canon tech support advised there is no advantage to using any "high speed" cards in the S45 as due to the controller you won't see any advantage. Save your money and go with the cheaper cards). I don't know how they handle international sales/sites, or if it would be cheaper to have them sent to your folks and shipped to you, but it's worth checking out.

Jan 18, 2004 at 1:58 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by HighwayStar
I don't know how they handle international sales/sites, or if it would be cheaper to have them sent to your folks and shipped to you, but it's worth checking out.

According to this page, Amazon has some restrictions on what they can send to Israel.

----

By the way, Dan, have you checked out the prices in Israel? I wonder if it would be cheaper to buy the items there than to have them shipped from the U.S. Canon has a distributor in Tel Aviv:

Karat Israel Ltd.
50 Anilevitch st.
P.O. Box 9166
Tel-Aviv 61091

Tel: +972 - 3 688 85 25
Fax: +972 - 3 537 55 25

E-mail: karat@karat.co.il
Internet: www.karat.co.il

D.

Jan 18, 2004 at 5:51 AM Post #8 of 10
I just got a great deal on a battery for my S30 (uses the same battery as your S45). It was $17 at www.batteryspace.com and you can get them to ship via USPS, so it's not too expensive that way either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back