Where to buy Beyerdynamic and headphone amps in aus
Jan 26, 2002 at 6:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Coroner

Head-Fier
G'day all

I am trying to find somewhere in Aus to buy Beyerdynamic (DT 770 specifically) and a decent amp to drive them.

I live in Tas which is a virtual headphone desert and everything is a rip off here too.

Any suggestions?

Jan 26, 2002 at 7:19 AM Post #2 of 5
G'day Coroner,

You could try....moving to the Big Island
tongue.gif

Snufkin is the Beyer expert, give him a pm if he doesn't spot your post.

Good Luck.

Jan 26, 2002 at 7:46 AM Post #3 of 5
Spotted!
Heh, Australia is a big place, perhaps if you're more specific.. well, actually only if you're in WA, otherwise I can give you the contact number of the Beyer supplier and they can point you in the right direction.

Synergy Audio can tell you where to buy Creek headphone amps from, but other than that I don't know who supplies headphone amps (interested to know).

FYI: you're looking at around $300 for the beyer 770s, and I was quoted roughly $600 for the OBH-11SE with psu.

Jan 26, 2002 at 9:09 PM Post #4 of 5
Your cheapest source for Beyer 770s is probably Jan Meier - that's who I got mine from. For amps, depending on price range you might consider Jan's Corda amp (which when packaged with headphones would be a very cost-effective way of buying both) or one of the Headroom amps, which I highly recommend.

Incidentally, I was a little disappointed with the 770s when I first got them, especially compared to the Senn 580s and 600s, but I am starting to re-evaluate them and they're sounding quite good, much more pin-point detail than the Senns (though that's not always a good thing) and perhaps a little more accurate tonally.

Ross

Jan 27, 2002 at 12:20 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for all the replys guys

Snufkin: A supplier any where would be great! As long as I can get them sent to Tas.

Ordering off of Jan Meier might be a good idea, but it would be easier to get them local for ease of warranty replace and such if anything happened.

What is it with headphones in Aus? It's like everybody happy with crappy consumer cheapies
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back