where to buy ati research enclosures
May 13, 2008 at 12:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

soloz2

Headphoneus Supremus
I contacted ati research about pricing on a 373u enclosure and was told that the company closed. so does anyone know of any retailers that still have any ati research enclosures in stock?

May 13, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not aware of there ever being retailers that stocked them or sold them...

If there ever were, it would most likely have been in SE Asia.

Well I figured it never hurts to ask.

When I asked if there were any left in stock I was told a gentleman from the Netherlands bought everything they had. I'm not sure if this was just a DIY'er who wanted lots of enclosures or someone who planned to sell.

May 13, 2008 at 1:04 PM Post #4 of 12
There was a reseller in the Netherlands, I looked at them a year or so ago but I can't find the link right now. IIRC the prices were quite a bit steeper than ordering directly, so I expect it would be much more expensive now as the dollar has dropped quite a bit since then.

/U.

May 13, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #5 of 12
The distributor of ATI enclosures in the Netherlands was Speakerworld -from the same owner as MMAudio- but they are no longer in business as far as I know.

If you are talking about ATI-737U (373u doesn't exist
rolleyes.gif
) enclosure, then yes... I was that gentleman from the Netherlands who bought the last 737U enclosures. Of course, I'm a DIY-er and I have used ATI enclosures for years, as some of you already know.

May 13, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The distributor of ATI enclosures in the Netherlands was Speakerworld -from the same owner as MMAudio- but they are no longer in business as far as I know.

If you are talking about ATI-737U (373u doesn't exist
rolleyes.gif
) enclosure, then yes... I was that gentleman from the Netherlands who bought the last 737U enclosures. Of course, I'm a DIY-er and I have used ATI enclosures for years, as some of you already know.

Yes, I meant 737U lol. I knew you had been using the enclosures. I have 2-3 enclosures I've been looking at for a Max build and I really like the 737U, but it doesn't appear that they're available anymore.

May 13, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #8 of 12
Erkk the Thai company closed down?! Sigh, should've got a cheap Air Asia ticket and bought all their stuff before some Dutchman did.

May 13, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eokboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Erkk the Thai company closed down?! Sigh, should've got a cheap Air Asia ticket and bought all their stuff before some Dutchman did.

Ookboy, you are probably too late
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

May 13, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #10 of 12
I've got three of the really small ones. One has a Sigma 11 PSU in it, the other two are still in their packaging. They're still at my old place in Florida, but I intend to bring them to DC next time I'm down there and build my Millett Max into one.

If I decide to part with the remaining one, I'll let you know.

May 14, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #12 of 12
I remember thinking that I might be abut to squeeze a max into the 735u, but I think it would be easier to fit a Max in the standard Hammond enclosure... especially since I plan on using either an OptiVol or Stepped Attentuator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back