Where to buy ATH-W2002?
Oct 28, 2002 at 6:24 AM Post #2 of 20
They can be had from www.tangal.com for the very affordable price of only $1500.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 28, 2002 at 7:33 AM Post #4 of 20
They're actually $750. So those people have just slapped 100% on top of the RETAIL PRICE
rolleyes.gif
Nice work if you can shift phones that way! I can get a couple maybe, but you're looking at about $1000-$1200. I decided to give it a miss, and wait for the DADS version of the W100 which must be due within the next year. What I will do of course is to try and unload my W100 just before the annoucement, which is going to be kind of hard since you guys seem to pick up these things first
frown.gif

There is also another 'limited edition' phone on the way, by the way, the ATH-A100Ti DADS variant.

http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/prod...ath-a1000.html

Oct 28, 2002 at 8:07 AM Post #6 of 20
I like the HD600 a lot. But the audio-technicas are a bit more practical. I can taken them anywhere and I can hear the sound. Soundwise, the amazing thing about the Audio-Technicas is that it's really hard to tell the HD600 and the e.g. ATH-A900 apart with most types of music. Remember we are talking about an open and a closed phone. Generally if you like the HD600 you will probably also like the ART series. If you like low->midrange Grados but don't want the occasionally ear-piercing rasp that I find they can introduce, once again the Audio Technicas are a good choice. How do they do it? Get an open sound from a completely sealed headphone?
confused.gif

Oct 28, 2002 at 5:07 PM Post #7 of 20
bangraman,
Quote:

I like the HD600 a lot. But the audio-technicas are a bit more practical. I can taken them anywhere and I can hear the sound. Soundwise, the amazing thing about the Audio-Technicas is that it's really hard to tell the HD600 and the e.g. ATH-A900 apart with most types of music. Remember we are talking about an open and a closed phone. Generally if you like the HD600 you will probably also like the ART series. If you like low->midrange Grados but don't want the occasionally ear-piercing rasp that I find they can introduce, once again the Audio Technicas are a good choice. How do they do it? Get an open sound from a completely sealed headphone?

I agree with you hear. My audio technica ath-A1--ti is truely amazing. It is very musical and the imaging is excellent. I'll be comparing mine with the HD-600 with clou red very soon now...I'll let you know on that.

Anyway, I think the bigger size of earcups contribute to the wider soundstage and excellent imaging of my ATh-A100ti. These bigger earcups were developed from the R10, CD-1700, and CD-3000. I guess Audio-technica decided to borrow Sony's idea.

Oct 28, 2002 at 11:33 PM Post #9 of 20
It's some stupid acronym they came up with for the bass reflex thingummijiggy. They made up an acronym for a cavity, hahaha! They talk about using air as a spring to enhance the low-end frequencies. To put it simply, typical meaningless jargon bollocks abbreviations that we Japanese excel at.
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/do...05/autech2.htm
Run it through a translator or something, you might get something remotely understandable.

Oct 29, 2002 at 5:19 AM Post #10 of 20
I just wondering where is the cheapest place to buy new or used Audio Technica headphone online, I am talking about the model like W100, W2002. Since I really interested in their headphone, maybe I will spend my money to buy a pair of Audio Technica headphone instend of ER-4P.
tongue.gif

Oct 29, 2002 at 6:10 AM Post #11 of 20
Hmm... maybe if they covered portapro's with rare japanese wood, and gave them a nice felt case, they could justify charging 400$ for them
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 29, 2002 at 6:32 AM Post #12 of 20
Tim,

Quote:

Hmm... maybe if they covered portapro's with rare japanese wood, and gave them a nice felt case, they could justify charging 400$ for them

I can't speak for other models, but my ATH-A100ti is a very complete headphone. It has a total package: Sound quality, appearance, and builit quality. You pay for the total package, and about the sound quality...it is excellent. This is my best sealed headphone yet.

The built quality on my A100ti really make my Senn HD-580 looks cheap, let alone Grados and Ety.

Purk

Oct 29, 2002 at 8:29 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by Uncledan
I just wondering where is the cheapest place to buy new or used Audio Technica headphone online, I am talking about the model like W100, W2002. Since I really interested in their headphone, maybe I will spend my money to buy a pair of Audio Technica headphone instend of ER-4P.
tongue.gif

That kind of depends on whether you speak Japanese or not.
If you dont I suppose here in the For Sale forum would be the best place to look, and for new, Audiocubes would be the best bet although they are slightly pricey, but not too badly so. I do get Audio-Technica stuff quite cheap but for me to send it to the US with tracked shipping would be about $50, which would largely wipe out any cost saving to you over buying from Audiocubes.

Oct 29, 2002 at 10:12 AM Post #14 of 20
I would ask any headfier in asia...they seem to have good deals on Audio Technicas. I kinda miss my A9xs but am awaiting the new line.
The etys in my experience are a different ball game. It's all about the isolation and details they produce. Etys are like being in the sound booth and listening to what the engineers are hearing, compared to other cans which give you a soundstage.
md

Oct 29, 2002 at 10:18 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
I do get Audio-Technica stuff quite cheap but for me to send it to the US with tracked shipping would be about $50, which would largely wipe out any cost saving to you over buying from Audiocubes.

Bangra, are you in the UK or are you in E. asia? Your profile says UK, but this quote suggests E. asia? Or maybe you just have a good source over in Europe? The reason I ask is because I wonder if you know if Audio Technica markets to Korea. I will be going to Korea in less than a year, and then I will hopefully finally be able to get my AT fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back